Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-17-2019, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Installing Pro Tools 10 on Mojave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Downgrade it to High Sierra.

If they give you a new machine, you can put 10.13.6 on there.
Will this work on the new Mac Mini 2018?
Old 01-17-2019, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Installing Pro Tools 10 on Mojave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Will this work on the new Mac Mini 2018?

No.

That machine came out after Mojave was released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2019, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Mojave and PT Installers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
I disagree. Yeah a clean install is great but not always necessary. My High Sierra was a clean install so to take the upgrade path was no big deal for me. I was ready to flatten the system if necessary but I dont want to reinstall everything again. Also its not really the apple way, its the convenient way. As anything, YMMV.

Moving from Sierra to Mojave required an clean install for me. I tried the upgrade first but found it a little buggy this time. I must say all the other upgrades where fine. It must have to do with some changes to Mojave.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:03 PM

Default Re: pro tools 18 w/ Mojave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Nope ..

However 2018.12 Ultimate works great with Mojave so Avid doesn’t have to approve that combo to be able to use it. We run Mojave on 4 Macs here and all f them perform a lot better than Sierra and High Sierra!! Huge difference.
I'm running 2018.12 on my new Mac Mini running OS 10.14.2 and I'd say it's "fair." Like the compatibility warning says on AVID's site, I get CPU overload errors when I'm running only a handful of VIs... at ANY buffer size. There is definitely something up.

I'll be cruising along in a large session with the CPU usage hovering around 6% and then BAM! all six cores clip out of nowhere and stop playback.

I could run more VIs on my old 2008 Mac Pro running High Sierra. My new Mac Mini scores 300% higher on Geekbench with two fewer cores so it should have no problem.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:23 PM

Default Re: pro tools 18 w/ Mojave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
I'm running 2018.12 on my new Mac Mini running OS 10.14.2 and I'd say it's "fair." Like the compatibility warning says on AVID's site, I get CPU overload errors when I'm running only a handful of VIs... at ANY buffer size. There is definitely something up.

I'll be cruising along in a large session with the CPU usage hovering around 6% and then BAM! all six cores clip out of nowhere and stop playback.

I could run more VIs on my old 2008 Mac Pro running High Sierra. My new Mac Mini scores 300% higher on Geekbench with two fewer cores so it should have no problem.
Same issue here. 2018 Mac mini. Horsepower for days, tiny little session playing back barely touching the CPU performance meter and BOOM -9173 error. It is driving me batty!!!
Old 01-22-2019, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Mojave ?

I just swapped a processor on my trashcan... sacrificed top clock speed (3.7GHz --> 3.0GHz) which led to about 1% single-core performance downgrade... at the same time gained more cores (from 4 to 10 cores) which gave a huge boost to multi-core performance.

All in all, with more cores PT works smoothly even with 32 buffer, whereas earlier (less cores) I needed to disable hyperthreading to even be able to use PT with low buffers. So, it seems PT really prefers more (slower) cores over (few) faster cores. And yes, this is on Mojave.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:13 AM

Successful so far. Install issues arose from Security preferences blocking Eucon from running (under Privacy Tab/Accessibility, check Eucon). Also blocked HD Driver installer with no warning (Just didn't recognize HD TB interface).

Tim

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 01-22-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Successful so far. Install issues arose from Security preferences blocking Eucon from running (under Privacy Tab/Accessibility, check Eucon). Also blocked HD Driver installer with no warning (Just didn't recognize HD TB interface).

Tim
That's something I think I mentioned in a thread here - Apple security will block something and the user is left wondering what happened with nothing pointing to the cause.

QAPLA!
Old 01-26-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiZ KukoBa View Post
Try to search YouTube. There are few videos about it. Pro Tools in Mojave works perfectly.
Unfortunately you can’t install directly in 10.14 cos Pro Tools installer has script that checking OS version. If you are “advanced” user you can solve this.
But if you make update from High Sierra most of things you can see in Pro Tools workflow will stay unchanged.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
don't know about how advanced users can make it work, are there any advanced users here that could give advice. My iMac already loaded with ProTools worked fine when I updated to Mojave, but my new iMac Pro will not work when I tried loading Pro Tools from scratch.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Official Mojave support in 2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.engineer View Post
From Avid today (I've been in contact with them via another issue)

"We are now working on a Pro Tools release which will support OS X Mojave which in combination with the specified list of graphics cards may improve the issue [...] most probably this may happen this year 2019. [...] the architecture [of the new macs] of the CPU and the amount of data related to graphics not been calculated by the CPU but by the Graphics Card. This is the idea which we are working to apply on the future releases based on OS X Mojave."

I took out the bits where he was talking about my Mac Pro 5,1.
Thanks for the info, but I'm hoping the resolution happens more like in a couple of days or at most a couple of weeks, not sometime this year. Yikes!