Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Avid S6 48 Chan Build, Pics & Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDC View Post
Hey Bill, what your eyes are seeing are two separate screws. One holding the side clamp bracket that holds the end piece (you're seeing the bottom of it) And the screw head you're seeing is a screw that holds the bottom of the chassis to to the frame of the chassis! Hope that clears that up for you.
Kinda thought that might be the case...I must say I do envy you guys your toys...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 04-16-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Actually a flat head screw would be better as an oval head might still stick out enough to interfere with fitting in modules. Besides there's no real need for flatwashers and lockwashers in something like this.
yea, flat head not oval
just not pan

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 04-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Avid

Alex,

Thanks for the info! This type of feedback is really important for us to hear. Those 3 issues will be addressed soon...

1. Ethernet Switch Ground Screw The tie-down bracket is being redesigned with a cut-out to accommodate for the ground screw.

2. Leg Frame Assembly You're absolutely right... if you tighten down the leg and beam screws too early you'll end up having problems aligning the chassis later on. We're updating the Installation Guide with these changes now.

3. Side Covers Screw Craig had it right... there should have been flat-head M4x14 screws for these positions. It looks like you may have swapped the screws for the Side Mounting Plates (p.31 of Installation Guide) with the Side Covers screws (p.51).

Again, thanks for the feedback! Let us know if you have any other questions/comments/concerns.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 04-17-2014, 12:48 PM

Thanks for all the lovely feed back people!

Some updates on my end:

1) What ever machine(s) you have controlling the S6, make sure their Wi-Fi is turned off. For some strange reason this affects the meters, both on screen and beside the faders. This is something i'm sure will be fixed in a patch in the near future.

2) If you're expecting an S6 next week you'll find it to be a bit buggy. This was to be expected as it is a brand new machine that they are still working on. Some buttons just straight up don't work, but avid states all of this info in their "S6 guide" saying certain buttons are not yet implemented.

3) For some odd reason, I can not for the life of me add a plug-in on a channel. Even following the guide doing everything step by step, I still nothing. Again, just minor bugs that will be ironed out.

In the mean time check out some more of the pictures I've posted. I also got a neat video of the board in "vegas mode"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ88Sjuq2j8

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3.jpg (79.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image-4.jpg (64.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image-5.jpg (37.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-17-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDC View Post
Thanks for all the lovely feed back people!

Some updates on my end:

1) What ever machine(s) you have controlling the S6, make sure their Wi-Fi is turned off. For some strange reason this affects the meters, both on screen and beside the faders. This is something i'm sure will be fixed in a patch in the near future.

2) If you're expecting an S6 next week you'll find it to be a bit buggy. This was to be expected as it is a brand new machine that they are still working on. Some buttons just straight up don't work, but avid states all of this info in their "S6 guide" saying certain buttons are not yet implemented.

3) For some odd reason, I can not for the life of me add a plug-in on a channel. Even following the guide doing everything step by step, I still nothing. Again, just minor bugs that will be ironed out.

In the mean time check out some more of the pictures I've posted. I also got a neat video of the board in "vegas mode"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ88Sjuq2j8

Cheers!
Nice - and thanks for the video. Couple of questions - Vegas mode is part of the software then? And what's the reach like to the upper set of knobs - like a d-Control or what?

QAPLA!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Nice - and thanks for the video. Couple of questions - Vegas mode is part of the software then? And what's the reach like to the upper set of knobs - like a d-Control or what?
Vegas mode is kind of a pain, you have to activate it on each module individually right now via the modules "utility mode" I'm sure they'll work something out for that too.

and The furthest knobs are the perfect reach, not too far, but not so close that everything is crammed together. So to answer your question, they are closer than a D-Control, but very comfortable to reach.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:43 PM

Hello Alex,

We've just assembled an S6 M40-16-5.

I can confirm it was a pain the metal plate to secure the router, although in our case we had to force it a bit and it fitted without removing the screw.

I'll remove it next time I'll have to reassemble it since we need to move the console from one studio to the other.

What I can't seem to find is how to enter the vegas mode for the Knob Modules, can you spare that small hint?

Last but not least, does the Master Module has a Vegas Mode? If so same question as above, how do I enter it?

Thank you.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Avid

To enter Vegas Mode - you need to do it on each module. It is the two upper-left-most switches. You hold them down for about 3 seconds and then the choice of modes comes up.

[email protected]

Check out our Pro Mixing Webinars :
http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Avid Pro Mixing Blog:
http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing/
Old 04-21-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Graham View Post
To enter Vegas Mode - you need to do it on each module. It is the two upper-left-most switches. You hold them down for about 3 seconds and then the choice of modes comes up.
That seems a bit awkward like procedures for each module?

Wave-T.com
Old 04-21-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Graham View Post
Hi Tom

Will this get fixed as the Vegas Mode is part of the "Let's Impress The Client" and our D Control ES 32 have been doing so for quite some time now and will be replaced by our S6 M40 24 Fader Console

Any info on this is greatly appreciated as this "workaround" seem less impressive ...

Thanks
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————