Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-12-2013, 03:17 PM

Default trying to upgrade to v10

Hello. Last year, I purchased ProTools 9 with a Mbox mini. It was to come with a free upgrade to v10. I went through the registration process and have been successfully using PT9. When I go to my account to try and upgrade to v10, there is no information on my account regarding the purchase of 9 or the free upgrade to v10. The only thing that shows up is an mp3 encoder I purchased four years ago for v7 of Pro Tools.

In trying to solve the problem, I did download v10, but now can't get it registered nor can I open my older v9. Please help! I've become very confused by all the hoops that we need to jump through to get things registered.

Thanks, Shawn Degenhart
Old 08-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: trying to upgrade to v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by degmusic View Post
Hello. Last year, I purchased ProTools 9 with a Mbox mini. It was to come with a free upgrade to v10. I went through the registration process and have been successfully using PT9. When I go to my account to try and upgrade to v10, there is no information on my account regarding the purchase of 9 or the free upgrade to v10. The only thing that shows up is an mp3 encoder I purchased four years ago for v7 of Pro Tools.

In trying to solve the problem, I did download v10, but now can't get it registered nor can I open my older v9. Please help! I've become very confused by all the hoops that we need to jump through to get things registered.

Thanks, Shawn Degenhart
The only hardware registered under your name is this:
Product: Mbox2 ROHS w/8 Purchased: Feb 26, 2009 Registered: Feb 26, 2009
As it says that included Pro Tools LE 8.

The only higher Pro Tools registered under your name is this:
Product: Pro Tools M-Powered 9.0 Purchased: Sep 30, 2011 Registered: Sep 30, 2011

That is registered using your gmail address, so you probably have an Avid account under that email where your downloads would be.

The iLok account you registered for the Pro Tools M-Powered 9 has no other Avid licenses on it but that one.

There is no Pro Tools M-Powered 10, so there was no free upgrade.

Also, none of the Mbox family hardware were ever sold bundled with Pro Tools M-Powered, so either there was a manufacturing mistake, or a dealer mixup, or something else weird.

I could not find any trace of an Mbox mini or any version of Pro Tools 9 besides the Pro Tools MP under your name. So is it possible that you either registered either the hardware or the software under a different name, or never registered it at all?

Do you still have a receipt? That would help us find out more.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:33 PM

Default Re: trying to upgrade to v10

Dale, I purchased the Mbox mini & ProTools 9 as a package back in July of 2012. I do have the receipt and will e-mail it to you at your e-mail address.

When I purchased it from Sweetwater, they said it came with a free upgrade to v10.

When I tried logging in with my gmail address, it said there was no such address on file, so not sure why that was happening.

Thanks for your help!
Shawn Degenhart