Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2003, 05:18 PM

Default Recovered harddrive question(s)...

I work at a Post facility in Burbank, and we recently had a System drive on a Mix+ go down. We have since put in a new harddrive, but we have yet been able to re-authorize everything. So I took the liberty of trying to recover as much data as I could from the drive, and I think I have about 90% of it.

My question is, What do I need to save? Particularly in regards to plugs authorizations. Are there certain folders I should look for and save?

I thank you for your help and time in advance.

[EDIT: I guess I don't need my sig twice...]
Burbank, CA
Old 08-19-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Recovered harddrive question(s)...

You will not find your authorizations stored in any folder. Your authorizations are stored on hidden partitions of the disk. This is what makes it possible for you to initialize a drive and still recover your authorizations. The initialization doesn't affect the partition in question. Mac OS X will corrupt these hidden partitions, rendering your authorizations useless (and sometimes unrecoverable even).

Since you recovered data off the drive, it is likely mounting and functioning (barely at least). This is the perfect (and perhaps last?) opportunity to get out your key disks and pull the authorizations off. If you can't do this, you will have to use your backup authorizations.