Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2014, 06:32 AM

Default Re: anyone making a living using an 002?

Well making a living at being a producer period requires extreme dedication.

Example my old roommate made a demo tape for a rapper, said rapper moves to NewYork and shops the demo tape around. We don't hear from him for 3 years . Then one day he popped up asked my room mate if he would produce his album and the record label GAVE my room mate 50 k in equipment. ( I couldn't believe it when I saw all the gear). Anyway the rapper never really made it even though he was a great rapper.

My roommate got to keep all that gear and went on to make commercials for radio for about a year or two.

And now he is selling cars.

Now that being said one of my customers(I own a glass business) has a studio and is doing very well but he incorporates video production which is what really is helping him the most. And he uses all ProTools gear.

So really , the gear is one thing ,the area you live in is another and determination is the key.

I have installed glass for sound booths in smaller start up studios for young guys starting out and out of the four I have done only one is still running.

So ya go a one in four chance