Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2011, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack expansion pack serial "already activated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewb1 View Post
I updated the firmware to 1.03 but never more then that...I didn't even know there was a higher firmware update, and since your first very helpful reply, I have been searching the protools website but I can not find a firmware 2.0.1 download.
Ok, now I am confused.

You said you DID purchase the ERXP correct?

But you never ran it?

If you downloaded the program i linked to that IS the firmware updater.

The ERXP is a DUAL installer. The UI updater and the firmware updater are linked together. First the UI files get installed, then a firmware update gets placed on the desktop, that is the part that actually installs the new amp, effects, ect... to the physical 11R. NONE of the Amps, effects, mics, cabs, ect... are installed on the computer ONLY UI files that let you view them.

I think you have a mis-understanding of what the ERXP is.

Can you confim that you have purchased the ERXP? It is $99. Did you ever purchase that from the Avid website?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-27-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Firmware 2.01 is not a simple "update" from the support site; it is a PURCHASED upgrade - otherwise known as the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack, available here: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Elev...Expansion-Pack .
Sorry, I guess I was misunderstanding that the ERXP itself was the firmware update 2.01...unfortunately I reinstalled 1.03 thinking I needed to to that first.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Ok, now I am confused.

You said you DID purchase the ERXP correct?

But you never ran it?

If you downloaded the program i linked to that IS the firmware updater.

The ERXP is a DUAL installer. The UI updater and the firmware updater are linked together. First the UI files get installed, then a firmware update gets placed on the desktop, that is the part that actually installs the new amp, effects, ect... to the physical 11R. NONE of the Amps, effects, mics, cabs, ect... are installed on the computer ONLY UI files that let you view them.

I think you have a mis-understanding of what the ERXP is.

Can you confim that you have purchased the ERXP? It is $99. Did you ever purchase that from the Avid website?
yes I did purchase it, and I did have it installed, but when I loaded protools onto the new mac, the updates were not showing up in the eleven rack....in trying numerous things to correct this I downloaded and installed the firmware 1.03...now it seems I can't run the EXRP updater again.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I did manage to find my original email with my download instructions from when I bought the ERXP in April, but when I put in the right numbers and try to run it, I get a message saying " license activation failed, please contact an Avid representative for further assistance."
IF you have updated the Eleven Rack before, you DO NOT NEED TO DO IT AGAIN.

The only reason you would need to do it again is if you installed an OLDER firmware OVER the newer firmware. Did you do that?

Also the ERXP ID and S/N can ONLY be used from ONE computer, the original computer they were run on.

There is NO NEED to update the Firmware from the Mac, there is Zero difference.

If you for some reason installed 1.0.3 OVER the updated firmware, you will need to connect the 11R to the computer you used before. And re-update the 11R.

your ID and S/N will be in your Avid account.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
IF you have updated the Eleven Rack before, you DO NOT NEED TO DO IT AGAIN.

The only reason you would need to do it again is if you installed an OLDER firmware OVER the newer firmware. Did you do that?

Also the ERXP ID and S/N can ONLY be used from ONE computer, the original computer they were run on.

There is NO NEED to update the Firmware from the Mac, there is Zero difference.

If you for some reason installed 1.0.3 OVER the updated firmware, you will need to connect the 11R to the computer you used before. And re-update the 11R.

your ID and S/N will be in your Avid account.
I will give that a try.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
yes I did purchase it, and I did have it installed, but when I loaded protools onto the new mac, the updates were not showing up in the eleven rack....in trying numerous things to correct this I downloaded and installed the firmware 1.03...now it seems I can't run the EXRP updater again.
There it is

Thank you, that clears EVERYTHING up.

Go back to the PC. Run the ERXP Firmware updater from that Windows Machine, it should run no problem PROVIDED that it is the SAME exact operating system and you did not delete the hidden files that allow the ERXP to run.

After you update to Firmware 2.0.1 DO NOT EVER install an older Firmware to the Eleven Rack. There is no need. Thats not how the ERXP works.

It does not matter if you are using a Mac or PC. The actual Amps, effects, mics, ect... are installed on the physical 11R unit, not to a computer.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-28-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
There it is

Thank you, that clears EVERYTHING up.

Go back to the PC. Run the ERXP Firmware updater from that Windows Machine, it should run no problem PROVIDED that it is the SAME exact operating system and you did not delete the hidden files that allow the ERXP to run.

After you update to Firmware 2.0.1 DO NOT EVER install an older Firmware to the Eleven Rack. There is no need. Thats not how the ERXP works.

It does not matter if you are using a Mac or PC. The actual Amps, effects, mics, ect... are installed on the physical 11R unit, not to a computer.
Thanks it is updating now...I'll move it back over in a second...and I really do appreciate the help and patience.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 AM

everything is there again...thank you!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks it is updating now...I'll move it back over in a second...and I really do appreciate the help and patience.
Once it updates move back to the mac. If you had run the download i linked to, just the first section, you will already have the UI files in Pro Tools.

Make sure you have the correct drivers (which you should since PT8 includes drivers) and open PT and i'll bet everything will work correctly.

IF not, then run the ERXP again, JUST THE FIRST SECTION, no need to do anything to the firmware ever again.

If you ever have a question like this again, be sure to post a question first before installing new firmware.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-28-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
everything is there again...thank you!
HURRAY!