Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2023, 03:49 AM

Default Silicon Native AAX reverbs - why are some of the best still missing?

Are reverbs especially hard to rewrite to Silcon AAX native code? EA (Isotope) reverbs, Lexicon PCM Native and Altiverb are three of the top names in reverbs, and neither has managed to deliver yet. Would love to know more about this

Stein Tore
Old 09-08-2023, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Silicon Native AAX reverbs - why are some of the best still missing?

TC is still missing too, I would put their reverbs in top three.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Silicon Native AAX reverbs - why are some of the best still missing?

Well if you notice all of those companies have record of extremely slow or non-existant updates.

I'm not privy to their development process but some seem to use a framework that was not so adaptable. I think Audioease said as much regarding Altiverb. So it could be a ground-up rewrite. The reverb algorithms are only a part of the puzzle.

The other companies I'd wager it's a resource allocation issue....
Old 09-08-2023, 08:38 AM

This is a letter I just sent to my contacts at Izotope:
""I understand that you have multiple companies that you oversee. There are priorities that are made by you for items that need attention .
Since I personally have invested a great deal of time and effort myself in assisting on the Exponential Reverbs becoming the true standard for Immersive Mixing and the fact that I personally have campaigned to my peers on what incredible plugins they are for Sonics and efficiency and rock solid reliability , it troubles me greatly that after all this time that has gone by since Apple brought us Silicone that us users are still without the ability to use these key reverbs now .
Izotope has been loosing respect among my peers as they feel forgotten by this new team at Native- Instruments . This is truly a shame.
Please show us that you do indeed care by prioritizing the update for Status 3-D and Symphony 3-D to Apple Silicone capable the sooner the better .
This will go a long way by ensuring us users that we have your support and that ​indeed we are a priority! "
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:55 AM

Thanks for sending that. Let's hope it doesn't fall upon deaf ears. Since Izotope just released new versions of Ozone 11 and Nectar it's astonishing that they've focused on this rather than updating all of their plugins. I have no plans of ever giving Izotope (NI) my money for any future updates. Their lack of silence on the matter of these plugins just tells me they either have a horrible public relations department or they just don't care to update them and they're brushing it under the rug.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
TC is still missing too, I would put their reverbs in top three.
TC is the other big one here as well (other than the already mentioned Izotope and Lexicon). All others have made the jump to light speed.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Their lack of silence on the matter of these plugins just tells me they either have a horrible public relations department or they just don't care to update them and they're brushing it under the rug.
It's a mix of both I'm afraid.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:17 AM

I'm not sure about Lexicon, but I think that I have seen at least TC and iZotope (Symphony+Stratus) promising ARM native version eventually. I have a feeling I have also seen Lexicon promise but not 100% certain about it.

But they are all notoriously slow. I am just betting with myself whether they make it in 2023.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I think that I have seen at least TC and iZotope (Symphony+Stratus) promising ARM native version eventually.
I've spoken with both companies and each has suggested (I won't say promised) that they're going to release ARM native versions. Neither would offer a timeline.

MD4 was in my template; the last thing on my master fader. It's more important to me to work Natively than to have MD4 so I've found alternatives for MD4. It would be nice to have it back some day -- I'll survive if I don't. It would just piss me off because I paid a lot for it, and haven't yet gotten over the last time they dropped all their software (yes that was decades ago )
Old 09-08-2023, 01:07 PM

I'm only hoping they have got wiser this time. The only way they are getting more plugin sales would be first releasing ARM native and then later surround versions for a nice upgrade price for old customers one can hope, right?