How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2017, 07:16 AM

Default commit midi on PT12.7.1. with VEPRO slave

I'm having problems to commit midi tracks to audio on PT 12.7.1
Midi is on separate midi tracks, routed to VEPRO instances on a instrument track (not aux tracks, which have other problems)
On committing, some work fine, but others give this error message.
-could not complete command because assertion in Volumes/Development/200028/Protools/NewFileLibs?Mdie/CMidiInstrument.... -see attachment -

Sometimes disabling the VEPRO connecting and reconnecting helps, other times it only works again after committing some other tracks. Weird. On some occasions all midi tracks routed to that particular VEPRO instance loose their routing.
error commit.jpeg

Anyone have same issues ? PT12.8.1 also has problems with commit, so that's no solution

PT 12.7.1 on Mac Sierra 10.12.3 6core 3,46Gz 48Gb ram NVIDIA GTX970 graphics

2 x WIN 10 slaves - 8core i7 6800 - 32G Ram running VEPRO6 latest build
Old 09-28-2017, 07:36 AM

Default Re: commit midi on PT12.7.1. with VEPRO slave

and forgot to mention, every 5 or 6 commits, I also get the spinning wheel, protools unresponsive , but after about a minute, or two, the track appears and protools is back.

Tried all solutions on this forum for that problem (clean install of 12.7.1, disk permissions, etc...)
Not sure if the two problems are connected, but on committing, I can reproduce it time after time. Sometimes it happens on opening a session (the sessions are quite big, containing video - in avid format - and lots of instrument/midi tracks)