Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-15-2010, 02:55 PM

Default Core Audio problem in Ableton Live?

I'm using Ableton Live in my live-performance setup with an Mbox Pro.
I recently updated to Snow Leopard and Ableton Live 8 and now is the first time i try it with the Mbox as i'm going on tour on friday...

Basically after 10-15 minutes of use, the audio will get disabled (all meters will be showing fine, but no audio will come out of any of the Mbox's output). Then basically i just have to switch the Audio Output to my computer's internal card, and back to the Mbox and then it works again.

But this happens very frequently.. would probably happen 3-5 times on each show... So this is very bad. And if i don't fix this before friday it seems like i'll end up having to buy another soundcard! so please help....

This most likely has something do do with the Core Audio Midi driver... I know there are known problems with that and Snow Leopard.. but are there any solutions?

MBox 2 Pro
Ableton Live 8
MacOS 10.6.2

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
Memory: 3 GB - 667 MHz
Old 03-15-2010, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Core Audio problem in Ableton Live?

i am using the power supply with the MBox Pro and i have deleted the Digidiomidi driver.