Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-12-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Swapping Mbox and 002R problems

Hi there,

I'm at a university, and we often need to swap out our Mboxes with a 002R or vice versa. Now, this usually works ok with ProTools, BUT Logic and other apps that use the DigiCoreAudio Driver have a hard time understanding that the interface has changed. For instance, even though the DCAD clearly says correctly that an "Mbox" is connected, some apps, and also the Audio System Preferences still display "Digidesign 002" as being present.

(singing) You know I've trashed a lot of prefs... oh lord, I've popped a lot of .plists - (apologies to Steppenwolf)

So I'm wondering, is there a way to do this cleanly, so that the System Prefs get updated, and Logic, Max/MSP and all their pals uderstand what's goin' on, without having to uninstall, then re-install DCAD.

thanks everyone,

Mike
Old 05-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Avid

Default Re: Swapping Mbox and 002R problems

When changing over to the other hardware, you should launch Digidesign Core Audio Manager and make sure the proper hardware is showing up, then launch Logic or other audio application, go to it's audio preferences and switch to 'Built-In' then back to the hardware currently connect. This should reset everything and it should all work properly.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:36 PM

Well, thanks very much for the help, but I can confirm that what you suggested does not work. I tried it a few times, as well as closing Logic with it set to Built-In or None then re-launching and choosing the only Digi option (which was still displayed incorrectly).

I mean Logic and the System can talk to the Mbox, but they display it as 'Digi 002'. I suspect because the System Prefs believe it's a 002, the other core audio apps assume it is too (even though the Digi Core Audio Manager clearly shows an Mbox).

I also tried setting the system to Built-In, then closing System Preferences, re-opening and re-selectin g the Digi option (still said 002)

Is there a pref I can delete to 'clear the slate'? Or perhaps I need to uninstall and then re-install the Digi Core Audio Manager?

thanks

Mike

btw: Logic is vers 6.4.2
Old 05-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Avid

Delete the files:

DAE Prefs (folder)
DigiSetup.OSX
Digidesign Core Audio Setup.plist (if you see one)

from the folder:

MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences

Empty trash and restart.