Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2009, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Help Slaving Logic Studio to Pro Tools

Thank you again for making it clear to me. I know it seem like your repeating yourself.. Just wanted to say thank you...
Old 11-17-2009, 10:02 PM

Everything is fine to me. But when I turned on 'transmit MMC" in logic and sync, I can't play in logic!Help!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman413 View Post
Everything is fine to me. But when I turned on 'transmit MMC" in logic and sync, I can't play in logic!Help!
This is not enough info to be able to help you. You need to give us details about the exact steps you're using and the results you're seeing. Saying 'I can't play in Logic' doesn't mean much.

Are you using my or docrics instructions or mine? How do you have everything configured? The details are important, as they will help us identify where things are going wrong.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman413 View Post
If you put on the sync button in the Logic transport section it waits for MTC, you can't hit "play" then. There is an alternative setting in the logic sync options called "automatic". If activated Logic detects incoming MTC automatically but the transport section can be used for Logic only playback as well. Was that your problem?

Kind regards

Mark
Old 05-08-2014, 08:35 AM

This is a pretty old thread but it's got good info in it.

I'm using the IAC buss to sync Logic to PT. If I'm slaving Logic to PT via MTC and MMC, and I want to use Logic for midi strictly, will I still need to enable an audio driver in Logic so it can keep time and prevent drifting?

Earlier in the thread someone said after the MTC message, wordclock takes over and is what actually keeps a stable playback time. I've got all audio drivers in Logic disabled, but if I need to to get a more accurate sync and playback speed, I will.

So far I've discovered that I need to leave a bar in the beginning of the sequence so the MTC sync can play catch up. Even so, Logic is still behind by a very small amount as mentioned earlier. I guess I can make that up in the Logic settings.