Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Digidesign can we please have a TDM Mix user Forum

yes.. A mix legacy forum woule be enough.
I preferred and decided to have 2 PT TDM I (Mix cubed and Mix Plus) than having only one HD2 Accel.

ps:Listen to my music, recently reached Top1 at :http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=38915

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:59 PM

Okay, I'll bite. A Mix forum would be useful.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
At risk of sounding like an HD snob, I'd prefer that MIX hardware discussion went to "legacy" - because that is what it is.

But Mac/TDM is "home base" for most of us, so we "put up" with the "signal to noise" from non HD users.
Wow. After such a strong and unequivocal statement, I'll bet PT Mix owners will feel too embarrassed and inadequate to even admit to using such lowly equipment. Most likely, they'll just vanish into the night, never to be heard from again. Digidesign won't have to worry about creating a forum category for them.

You had better hope that Mix users are mild mannered, self deprecating and sheepish. If not, they might not take too kindly to being referred to as "noise."

Actually, maybe it's time to move the whole Mac/TDM forum down into legacy land, and put a new Macintel/TDM section at the very top of the list.

Lee Blaske
Old 02-17-2006, 06:27 PM

Oh, these times they are a changin'.

I still use a Mix rig. Probably a good move considering Digidesign no longer actively supports the system.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:27 PM

I think that Mix users would be shooting themselves in the foot with their own forum, because it seems to me that a lot of HD users are helping the Mix users out by responding to their threads and every Mix user is an upgrade away from a HD user.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Digidesign can we please have a TDM Mix user F

Quote:
I think that Mix users would be shooting themselves in the foot with their own forum, because it seems to me that a lot of HD users are helping the Mix users out by responding to their threads and every Mix user is an upgrade away from a HD user.
Uh, yeah...

Lee, do I have to put emoticons after every word that's OBVIOUSLY tounge in cheek? Hell, I put a few phrases in quotes, ala ZAGAT guide --

In one thread, I am called "diplomat" then "snob".

I guess you guys missed my point...

I was suggesting that mix users DO NOT leave the tdm forum... but my words were misunderstood.

While we're talking forum issues-- I have been speaking to other DUC members and we are all inagreement that all users should post with either their REAL NAME as username, or their real name is in their sig or profile. I suggest Digi makes this mandatory.

Most pros here do this already -- I can only think of a few "famous guys" that do not want to use their real name... but MOST of the "famous guys" use their real name... and do not hide behind an alias.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but since we're talking about forum issues, might as well lump this one in.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:17 PM

I realize it's hard to contribute something without being condescending, but surfice it to say that your moniker, sukks2bu, pretty much sums up why most HD users don't really care about a separate Mix forum. Were sorry you didn't upgrade like the rest of us did. What can I say, it Sucks to be you and in this position. LOL

My New Instructional Mixing DVD 2 is Shipping
www.tonysound.com
http://twitter.com/tonysound
Old 02-18-2006, 10:34 AM

Actually the "sucks to be you" part is for all those who paid for upgrades to HD/process>Accel>PCIExpress>HD Killer. I'm quite content to keep producing on Mix, while saving the $20-30K associated with all the costs to upgrade cards, plugins, interfaces and CPUs. Once HD has been supplanted, I can quietly buy up old HD hardware for pennies on the dollar and upgrade. It rocks to be me.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:25 AM

That's great to be in a position where you are behind the curve. It's enviable... I guess.

I don't regret going to HD. The system paid for itself in the first month. Now some two years down the road, I still consider the upgrade well worth the cost.

BTW, if Digi decides to go with 64 Bit cards... Then I'm right there as well.

My New Instructional Mixing DVD 2 is Shipping
www.tonysound.com
http://twitter.com/tonysound
Old 02-19-2006, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I realize it's hard to contribute something without being condescending, but surfice it to say that your moniker, sukks2bu, pretty much sums up why most HD users don't really care about a separate Mix forum. Were sorry you didn't upgrade like the rest of us did. What can I say, it Sucks to be you and in this position. LOL
Well my Moniker is the one I have been using for year Just about everywhere one was required. I admit, It is a little childish, but that is the Internet name I go by. My real name is available in my Profile discription for all to see.
The purpose of asking for a Mix Forum is so the information that is available to both Hd and Mix users can be as accurate as possible. I agree HD users have something to add to MIx users and vice versa, I just feel because the hardware and software are so different, seperating the two might prove beneficial for both.

Maybe I did misunderstand Jeremy, and was a little harsh, but I was realy looking for Mix users to reply to this thread, and not Hd users saying that we are "noise". I am quite happy with my mix rig, It is solid as a rock and perfoms all that I need it to do, so I dont see the need to upgrade. It is the New Mix users that are just getting into Pro tools that a Mix Forum would be very beneficial too.

For the record, I use HD, Mix and even Mbox Pro tools rigs. They are all tools, and I am not better or worse because I am fortunate enough to have access to all three.