How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 PM

Default 3.01 still not working?

Hi all,

EuCon 2.71 has worked perfectly with my Artist Mix in Logic / Cubase / PT 10, but 3.0 never worked with them or PT 11. I'm seeing the same issue with 3.01. The Artist Mix connects fine according to EuControl, but when I open up my DAW (Logic, Cubase, PT 11), the Artist Mix doesn't recognize any of the tracks I create.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:47 AM

Default Re: 3.01 still not working?

This whole Eucon thing is really strange as we have set up our 4 Artist units connected to our internet modem and wireless via WiFi to the macbook pro and Eucon 3.01 works great! We do need to start eucontroll setup manually and as soon as the spinning "E" is done we start one of the units at a time and it works everytime. PT11HD // PT10HD // Logic X //

I am sorry that some people have a bad experience with this but some users like us are golden so I am really wondering why..

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We do need to start eucontroll setup manually and as soon as the spinning "E" is done we start one of the units at a time and it works everytime. PT11HD // PT10HD // Logic X //
do you also switch the equipment off every night, and back on, the next day?
Old 11-19-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesn View Post
do you also switch the equipment off every night, and back on, the next day?
Yes we always shut that room down every night/early morning as it is our production room and we use it for lot of early midi and synth production that we pick up later in the larger studio room so sometimes we have it shut down for several days at a time when working with recording vocals and guitars etc.

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Yes we always shut that room down every night/early morning as it is our production room and we use it for lot of early midi and synth production that we pick up later in the larger studio room so sometimes we have it shut down for several days at a time when working with recording vocals and guitars etc.
Christopher
well, this simple fact is what software engineers at Avid can't seem to get right. Basically the cycle of your machines is such that they never get past what I'd call "the shelf life of EUCON". Forcing the obsolete "turn on, shut down, every day" pattern onto everyone strikes me as the wrong approach.

Also, people here were told that 3.0 is a ground-up rewrite, and then that the ground up rewrite was delayed, so 3 is only a version bump. Now there isn't a significant new version around - one to alleviate common problems, but also to think about a better UI on e.g. the Control..

Nothing is more frustrating than sitting down in front of Pro Tools or Logic and discovering that you need to restart the machine first.

Personally I like software that can survive random workflow patterns. Nothing against the units.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I am really wondering why..
I am so with you Chris. You are one of the very few people (proportionately) I know of who are not having serious and debilitating issues. In real life most of us (meaning people around me) have given up and moved elsewhere. Happy to know that you and others are experiencing good things - no sarcasm involved when I say it's good to hear. I, however, only got my zen back on when we uninstalled Eucon and swapped out the artist units. We have kept two units in a cupboard and come back to them occasionally when we have some down time and are up for an argument with some software - but we are still on the losing side so far.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbieoz View Post
I am so with you Chris. You are one of the very few people (proportionately) I know of who are not having serious and debilitating issues. In real life most of us (meaning people around me) have given up and moved elsewhere. Happy to know that you and others are experiencing good things - no sarcasm involved when I say it's good to hear. I, however, only got my zen back on when we uninstalled Eucon and swapped out the artist units. We have kept two units in a cupboard and come back to them occasionally when we have some down time and are up for an argument with some software - but we are still on the losing side so far.
I am honestly sorry to hear about that and I really feel for all of you guys who are having these issues and yes, you are many I don't know why we were soo fortunate in all this and I do feel for ya'll and will pass this along once again to the Avid folks as I guess it won't hurt. Hopefully there will be a new update sooner rather than later for this as generally the Artist series ain't cheap and definately not supposed to be like this for soo many users.

All the Best and I am gonna investigate this further.

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Thanks guys - any suggestions on what I could try to fix this? Or are my only alternatives to go back to 2.71 (which doesn't work on PT11) / get rid of the Artist mix?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:11 AM

I'm wondering is this a Mac problem? I'm on a windows system and pt 11hd is working fine with eucon 3.01, at least from what I've seen.

Wave-T.com
Old 11-20-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
I'm wondering is this a Mac problem? I'm on a windows system and pt 11hd is working fine with eucon 3.01, at least from what I've seen.
Same here. Mac 10.8.5 and PTHD11.0.3 and HD10.3.7 and not any issues except for an occasionally dropout of one of the four units but a shut down and restart fixes that instantly..

As far as I have seen on other threads it seem to be more of a PC problem but as a lot of members pointed out, there are issues on both platforms.

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————