Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2010, 08:21 AM

Default How do you change ASIO interfaces?

This is a pretty silly problem. I installed Pro Tools 9, tried it with my regular M-Audio interface. It worked great. Rebooted with the M-audio interface unplugged and replaced it with a Line6 Toneport. Pro Tools guided me through switching interfaces and at the end it worked great. I unplugged that interface and thought I would try the free Asio4All driver that works with the built in sound in my laptop. No luck so I plugged my Line6 Toneport back in. The problem is, that the Asio4All driver is still there and now Pro Tools 9 is locked to it. When I try to switch interfaces, there is only the one option. Rebooting doesn't help. Is there any way to switch between ASIO drivers when two are more are installed on the same system? If so, I just can't figure it out. This is pretty frustrating.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:26 AM

Default Re: How do you change ASIO interfaces?

So when you have Pro Tools open, and you go Setup->Playback Engine, it's not allowing you to change the "Current Engine" in the drop-down at the top?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12