Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Warning about malicious Yamaha USB MIDI driver

Just want to warn people about bad expirience I had with Yamaha USB MIDI driver. I run Protools 7.3 HD on Windows with Command 8. Everything works perfect. Recently I had to move my Protools to another studio to finish one of my projects. There was Yamaha DM2000, and I decided not to take Command 8 with me, and to use Yamaha as controller. Installed Yamaha usb midi driver, connected Protools to mixer, and everything worked perfectly.

But, when I wanted to connect my Command 8 back, Protools refused to work with it. I tried everything, installing, reinstalling... Windows recognised Command 8 normally, but Protools refused to wake it from offline mode. Problem with Yamaha usb midi driver is that there is no way to uninstall it. Just one thing was telling me that there is a problem. When I look into Command's 8 properties in Device Manager in Windows, there is another Properties tab, where is Command 8 listed as MIDI device. In General tab the Windows are telling me that everything is working, but in Properties tab the Windows are complaining that Command 8 MIDI USB driver is not working properly. After few hours trying to remove Yamaha's driver, i just selected Windows System Restore, and reverted to the state just prior installing Yamaha driver. After that everything works perfectly again.