Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 PM

Exclamation 2.7 causing B.S.O.D. W. Avast! & Mackie Control WIN7

Just updated on WIN7 64 bit. I was quite excited to see what amazing updates have been provided for us from the people working diligently to improve the sub par software we have been provided.

Avast is running and I get immediate BSOD's right away when the computer boots without my MC Control connected.

The PC would start up as usual and then when Avast would have its usual to you want to continue execution (.exe) of this file. You typically choose the executable file and pick the option to continue both with avast. I had warnings for the discovery service, and the other 3 icons that appear in my system tray at all times. Then it looked for "Mackie Control" as I use it with Ableton and Sony Vegas. Instant Blue Screen. I will see if I can remedy this in the next few hours. Safe mode does not show where I can de-activate the Eucon settings with Mackie Control chosen. So I guess I can boot into Safe Mode or try to Deavtivate Avast. Wait... Maybe I can remove the eucon stuff from the startup items and configure eucon to not come up. Then try to add whatever the (.exe) is for Mackie control and start this hole thing over. Ahh I will report back

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 03-07-2013, 07:40 PM

Default Re: 2.7 causing B.S.O.D. W. Avast! & Mackie Control WIN7

It seems I did update Ableton to 64 bit recently and one of the programs added with Mackie Control had changed since upgrading. This might have been the cause. BSOD though. Wow!

I booted in safe mode and removed eucon from startup and then deleted Ableton and Vegas. I then connected the mc control and then powered down and re attached ableton and vegas. So far it didnt Crash.....

www.WenzMastering.com