Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Alicia's Keys update not working.

For anybody waiting for the Alicia's Keys update that fixes the latency problem and several other issues, the good news is that the update has finally been released. The bad news is isn't working on my system. I get the following message:

The library cannot be updated, because the library path is not correctly set in the base product options. We recommend to launch the base product and select the approrpiate location for the library folder, or re-install the library with the full installer. Then start this update installer again.

If I load Kontakt the Alicia's Keys piano loads fine though and all the paths seem correct. I must be missing something obvious. Anyone know what that might be?

edit: OK I figured it out. I set it so that the "library" in Kontakt pointed to the right folder and then the update worked fine.

Now that it's working I must say that it really is very nice. No more latency problem and the sustain ambience doesn't overpower the playing anymore. Also, the visuals for the latency and ambience knobs never worked for me before but now they do. This is definitely the best acoustic piano I have or have heard by far. It sounds like, well, a piano! Very expressive. You can thunder into a part and then go into something really soft. Were it was almost there before, I would say that now it's a home run!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Alicia's Keys update not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Also, the visuals for the latency and ambience knobs never worked for me before but now they do.
That's bizarre.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Alicia's Keys update not working.

I could change the settings, but the graphics for the controls weren't properly formed. They look great now. Before, the samples were good but the programming wasn't so polished. Now I don't get distracted and feel like I'm just playing a piano. Maybe small points individually, but enough to keep me from being able to just play without compensating. Now I can just play and boy does it sound good!