Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 AM

Default Alesis PercPad MIDI MBox 2?

Hi,

I have a Windows Vista PT8 rig with mbox 2. It's been a rocky road but I have managed to get an album out of it (Now out on Amazon/itunes).

For my next project, I have been using the drums in xpand2 for drum mock-ups as I ultimately take my drive to record real drums (with a real drummerLOL) later. Not a fan of keyboard for drum triggers). I just bought an Alesis Perc pad in the hopes that I can use that for triggering assigned sounds on my mock up tracks. It just arrived yesterday and it had nothing more than a quick start manual and a MIDI out. I plugged the MIDI out to the mbox MIDI in hopes I could get it to somehow work with Xpand2 drums (The sounds in the perc pad sound like 80's octo suck and would prefer to access the sounds in the Xpand). Am I missing a step here or will this little quad pad banger not work for my hoped for app?

Any responses appreciated!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Alesis PercPad MIDI MBox 2?

Step #1 is to install the driver for the unit(if you didn't get a disk, hit the Alesis website and pray they have a Vista driver). Step #2, in PT, go to Setup>Midi.Midi Studio. Create a new instrument and name it Alesis Pad(or whatever you like). You can skip the brand and model selections for now, but the single most important selection is: the input path or port. With the driver installed(and a system reboot) the Alesis USB connection should be an available path(fingers crossed)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave