Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2010, 10:29 AM

Default Re: fader "OFF"

Afraid not. It really only started up on the last week of tour, and I just powered through. It was interesting though, as I was vigilant about calibrating every day upon startup and never had any sticky faders until later in the day (showtime of course). But as I said, it always remedied itself when I would advance snapshots.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:55 PM

Funny story, I thought I would add...if you re-read the posts, i said I didn't know what this was...Sunday when I was mixing, I had laid my phone on the console covering a few on the channel fader slots. When I switched layers, the phone wouldn't allow the faders to go where they were supposed to so they said "OFF"

Thanks to this post, I knew how to resolve the issue =)

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 06-30-2023, 04:20 PM

Default Re: fader "unresponsive"

I currently have a similar problem with the whole 17-24 fader bank, full reset and everything doesn't bring them back. If you use the mouse it works and effect audio, but doesn't physically move the fader.

At startup every single one moves, and if one is linked to the main fader it moves.

But in test mode all the faders move except for 18-24.

If I swap the control cable with the grey Aux faders, the problem goes over there. I don't know if this problem was there at the start as I was getting a bunch of errors because of a dead backup battery, and I shouldn't have updated the firmware before fully testing everything.
Currently trying to track down a replacement "scribble script" display, as it is dead. But when I swap it with the left side of the console, the problem remains on the right side. The faders are still "dead"when I use banks A,B,C,D.

Disabling all the plugins doesn't help. I hope(but kind of don't) that it's some simple thing I'm just overlooking, I'm a little green on this console, so if it's some setting that doesn't get reset normally...

Maybe I might have to backup all the plugins, do a full factory reinstall. I just am hesitant because if I need licence codes I may be hooped, as it's a clients console I'm repairing in exchange for borrowing it to use on a show we're short a console on.

** Also, does anyone know, when a bios backup batter is completely dead, are there any bios changes that need to be done ?

I know in others like the full boar etc, since windows based, there's a few changes that screws things up.

Any ideas ?
Thank you
Paul

Last edited by PLew; 06-30-2023 at 04:37 PM. Reason: missed something
Old 07-04-2023, 01:47 PM

Oddly enough it sorted itself out through pure luck.
This is a clients, but We have one of our own, so just to be confirm where the problem was I tried the snake cable, same thing, then tried the brain unit, and the display monitor put up a message "firmware doesn't match...updating firmware, it will take a few minutes". After that finished, everything worked so I knew the console surface was good and figured it was my first hunch at the beginning the bios or firmware problem because of the dead backup coin cel. Well, when I hooked up the original brain unit back up again, it gave the same message, but it also worked 100% after that (except for the 1 scribble script that's physically defective). So it solved itself.