Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2008, 06:07 AM

Default 10.5.2 interesting..

Hi guys,
..first i am not crazy to do this on my HD rig as it needs to be as reliable as 7.4 can be ....so far.

Anyway,

I have been running PT LE 7.4 CS2 on OS X 10.5.2 (with all latest updates) including Quick Time, with my m-box micro on a MBP, it all seem fairly good apart a few too many Buffer size increase/decrease messages. Have tried the basic system (basic plugs etc) and it kind of seem ok.

One thing that really stands out is that Core Audio is now sharing!! Yeah i mean sharing!! Can run and monitor Itunes, QT etc with Pro Tools open and "ACTUALLY YOU CAN MONITOR BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY IF THEY ARE BOTH PLAYING" Freeeeaaakyyy... or just switch between the session and the Apps.. and it works!! First i though it was weird but it seems it just does it.. I have also tried with an m-box 2 just the same.
Any thoughts on this?
If this is going to be implemented on HD it would be nice to have an option to wether Core Audio is shared or not and to wether you can monitor at the same time.. Sure it wont happen on HD anyway but hey...

BTW I KNOW 10.5.2 IS NOT SUPPORTED! (well neither is 10.5.1 yet)
Anyway,
Good weekend to ya all!