Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Assertion message when using workspace browser

you guys really think anything remotely close to a fix is gonna come til way after NAMM

let the hangovers clear up and give the guys til about wednesday to come around to the realization that the party is over.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:26 AM

Yes I trashed on all levels, more than once... And Checking my LE system with my MBox 2 , that does the same for me as well..
It is exactly like tonepad says, you can use the speaker Icon, but as soon as you try to spacebar anything it gives you the assertion error..After watching your video on your website about New features of 7.3, the new features in the workspace is what sold me..Like I said I am using loops all day long... Lastly, As StudioJimi stated, have fun at N.A.M.M. but please get a handle on this when you return , IT IS SO FRUSTRATING...
Old 01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Avid

Ok, that's ugly - I was able to reproduce it here and we'll get on this asap.

I want to, again, stress the importance of providing clear, concise, step by step instructions in your initial post. The part about using the spacebar wasn't made known until further in the thread and that was the trigger in this case. The devil is in the details when we're talking about an application this complex.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:54 AM

Glad to get your attention. Just another FYI. This ONLY happens in the Search pane. If I manually navigate to the files produced by a search...again "baseball practice" that is say #06 in the Sound Ideas 6041 folder on drive X, I have no problem auditioning using any of the 3 methods...Spacebar, new "speaker" icon, the waveform "speaker" icon...AND I can successfully calculate the waveform if it is missing.

THX,

Wilson Dyer mpse

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 01-20-2007, 06:13 AM

Also happen here:

2 x HD2 on PC PT 7.3.1
2 x Mbox2 Pro on PC PT 7.3.1
1 X Mbox on Mac PT 7.3.1

Please fix...

-Z

| iMac 27" 3.2 Ghz Core i3 | 8 GB Ram | Pro Tools Mbox Pro (3) | Lacie d2 Disk Quadra v2.1 1 TB FW | Pro Tools 10.3.3 (always newest update) | MPT2 | OS X 10.8.4 |
Old 01-22-2007, 05:51 AM

Thanks to all you guys....Sorry about the not so clear details.....Looking forward to the fix...It WILL be a great feature when it works...
Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 AM

Tone Pad
Hey thanks for the info on the ability to use all the features in a manual search...It is alot slower but it has me up and running again..
Old 01-24-2007, 12:12 AM

No Problem...I'm just glad to know that there are other serious users of Digibase functions. I thought I was the lone ranger when I first noticed it being broken in 7.2...ie. the inability to draw waveforms when in search mode. I couldn't get DIGI's attention then but now it appears to have gotten worse. Luckily it's not too volatile a bug, but it DID drive me to buy Soundminer, which is very powerful with my HD rig, but a pain on my portable powerbook rig...and oh yeah yet another USB key to lose in the field...and another oh yeah, NOT completely bug free either.

THX,

Wilson Dyer mpse

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 01-24-2007, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I'm finding it specifically tied to searches. After a search of say "Baseball Practice" I click on either the spacebar or the new audition icon and it throws the error. HOWEVER if I click the speaker icon over by the "waveform" display in the right side pane, the file will audition and I don't get the error.
Same here: speaker icon no, no problem. Spacebar, Assertion error.

PT 7.3.1
G5 DP 2.0 Ghz
2 GB RAM
HD3 Accell
192 i/o

MassiveMusic

SOS article
Old 01-24-2007, 06:13 AM

if it helps -- though it is obvious -- i had this exact same issue yesterday (too busy to post about it).

PT HD|3 ACCELL w/DIGI 64 BIT EXPANSION CHASSIS, PT 7.3.1, MAC DUAL 2.5, 6.5 G RAM, 10.4.8

Quote:
We're having the same assertion error as well. In my case on a fresh install of LE 7.3.1, before or after database cleaning...AND we're getting it on an HD 7.3.1 rig as well. I'm finding it specifically tied to searches. After a search of say "Baseball Practice" I click on either the spacebar or the new audition icon and it throws the error. HOWEVER if I click the speaker icon over by the "waveform" display in the right side pane, the file will audition and I don't get the error. DIGI, this is a newer version of the problem I reported a month ago that is tied to the Search function being broken. In that thread I was trying to get your attention to the fact that an Assertion error (different than this current one in that it just pops up in a task window) is thrown when trying to calculate a waveform that may not be drawn. This is still broken and has now gotten even worse with the aduition function being crippled. It would be nice to have this working again, because even though I now use Soundminer on my own HD system, when in the field I like the simplicity and convenience of a "Working Workspace".

Wilson Dyer mpse

(c/o the dubstage, Burbank CA)
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash