Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 07:30 PM

Default Region names incrementing on seperate files...

This doesn't happen on 6.9 but they seem to have changed the way it works with 7.x. Try recording an audio file on a track (call the track "Test"), and then record another (keeping the track named the same). You will now have 2 audio files (and bold regions in the regions bin), "Test_01" and "Test_02". If I seperate "Test_01" in to 3 parts, I'll now have 3 regions under the main audio file in the bin "Test_01-01" "Test_01-02" and "Test_01-03" This is all fine. Now, if I chop "Test_02" up in to 3 parts, I should have a "Test_02-01" "Test_02-02" and "Test_02-03" regions of that file as well, but in 7.x, in now increments and starts with -04 instead. WHY? "Test_01" in a DIFFERENT audio file, the region numbers should reset! When we record ADR, we trim each take to the "edit in" point to get rid of the beeps and slate for playback. In the past, we always knew that the "-01" region of each file was the "cleaned-up" take. Now, depending on how many takes you do, and how many other edits you make, the region numbers could be anything. This makes for a very messy session. Could Digi PLEASE either change this back to work the old way, or make in a preference? Anyone else find this annoying? I'm sure someone probably asked for this feature, as it seems too intentional to be a bug, but it doesn't work well for our purposes at all. Thanks.

-Evan