Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-06-2016, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Yosemite and Mbox 2 Drivers (Good news so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alike127 View Post
I tried this solution from reelgirly, along with the optional terminal sudo (what is that for?) an my Mbox2 STILL won't work. I have also tried the 'solutions' (for driver 3.3.) suggested for the Mbox Mini and no joy there either, maybe because mine is a full size Mbox?

I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 on a 2009 MacBook Pro, and I need to use my MBox2 (full-size but not pro version) with Logic Pro 9 (9.1.8).

I have now in my system preferences two Mbox options, one for 'Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro' which does nothing, and another for 'Digidesign Mbox 2', which fails to connect to my Mbox.

All the optional push button lights are working (DI on/off etc), but neither the USB or S/PDIF green lights with come on, no matter how many times i change the USB input. A Logic AU scan shows the Mbox 'MIDI' device as not working.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Updated my instructions a bit, have a look at it again :)

be sure to remove all previous Mbox2 and Mbox2 Pro drivers before reinstalling any new one and using my solution :)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nents-Mac-OS-X

also remove the preferences panes in "/Library/PreferencePanes"

btw, the "optional sudo command" launches the service immediately without rebooting... :)
Old 01-12-2017, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Yosemite and Mbox 2 Drivers (Good news so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelgirly View Post
Hey,

managed to use my MBox2 with 10.3.9 and 10.3.3 Drivers without any problem (also replug not necessary after reboot) on Yosemite 10.10.5 :)

Its an quite easy hack,
cause StartupItems are not used anymore in newer versions of OS X,
you simply got to launch the MBox2Service by launchctl :)

Install Instructions:

1. Install 10.3.9 or 10.3.3 Drivers from here
2. Download "com.digidesign.mbox2.plist" from here
3. Copy "com.digidesign.mbox2.plist" it into "/Library/LaunchAgents"
4. Open terminal and run "sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchAgents/com.digidesign.mbox2.plist" (without quotes)
5. Open terminal and run "sudo chmod 644 /Library/LaunchAgents/com.digidesign.mbox2.plist" (without quotes)
6. Open terminal and run "sudo launchctl load -wF /Library/LaunchAgents/com.digidesign.mbox2.plist" (without quotes)
7. Delete "DigidesignLoader" from "/Library/StartupItems"
8. Reboot

So whenever a user logs in Mbox2Service will start and power it up...
Also tried to integrate it in early bootprocess but didnt help cause caused bootlag and sound playback wasnt available even if Mbox2 was powered up...

so HF
This worked nicely for me on 10.10.5 this morning.
Thank you!
Old 01-20-2017, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Yosemite and Mbox 2 Drivers (not working)

Im a mac book pro user with an 8gb intel core i5 set up and i've currently reverted back to yosemite (10.10.5) from sierra. I've tried using the mbox 2 drivers 10.3.9 and also mbox 2 drivers 10.3.3 but both have not worked. I'm not sure if the problem is occurring because of my mac os system or because of the drivers I'm installing. I have erased one driver after reinstalling the other so I don't think this is this issue. The error message which appears is "unable to connect to Mbox2" in system preferences. Any help will be much appreciated.