Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-1999, 05:23 AM

Default Digi Techs please respond to this.

Dear Tech Support

You must be aware from this Forum that you have a very loyal bunch of supporters of SampleCell who like myself are obviously eager for an announcement as to where (if anywhere!) your product is going.

Judging by the numerous "wish lists" that crop up here from time to time, you must have a good idea now of what is needed by these users & having spoken recently to one of the major Sample CD distribution companies here in England about the lack of Samplecell support for most of their products, it seems that sadly most of the producers will no longer be considering SampleCell for future releases AT ALL!

Although I know that SC has been badly supported by most sample producers for some time, it is fast becoming impossible to obtain any new CDs that aren't Akai/Emu/Roland/WAV product and which ofcourse don't currently translate across to SampleCell!

Even in the knowledge thatSC is the only product available that works in a professional virtual computer studio set-up with TDM etc (with all its wonderousness!), the future of SC will ultimately lie with its ability (or lack of it) to easily make use of those rapidly expanding sample libraries.

So my question to you in April 1999 is :

Either would you give us some firm indication as to the possibility of a new SC with at least some of the 'wish list requests' featured for years on this forum, (ofcourse as a major priority this would have to include multi-sample formats,) or look temporarily to providing us with some form of 'translator software' that would at least give us easy access to the worlds ever expanding sample libraries to which we are currently denied???

All the best

Richard
Old 04-13-1999, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Digi Techs please respond to this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHA...

The best answer in this forum since a long time.
Thank you TechSupp2, very nice. We all appreciate your honesty.

DIGIDESIGN = CHIKENS working only for the big ****ing MONEY !!!

Stéphane BRUNET from FRANCE
former SampleCell user since tonight.
Old 04-13-1999, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Richard,
I don't have a feature list or relase date for the next round of development, but your suggestions as well as all of the others posted here are appreciated and considered. This is definitely a good one.

In the meantime, I can suggest one option that addresses your immediate need for access to more sample libraries:

Gallery Software has a product called Interpreter
quote:
This software allows SampleCell II users to import libraries from AKAI sampler SCSI volumes.
http://www.demon.co.uk/gallery/Interpreter.html
Interpreter 1.12 : The Missing Link in Format Translation

Also, a lot of companies ARE still distributing and creating sample libraries in SC format. Big Fish and SampleHeads, for instance, which are in our Development Partners section under Sample Libraries at http://www.digidesign.com/part

Bruce Paine
eMarketing
Old 04-14-1999, 12:27 AM

Hi Richard,

I appreciate your concerns and desire to stick with SampleCell. I however, cannot answer your question. In support we deal (for better or worse) with products that have already been released. I really can't comment on any future plans that may or may not exist here at Digi. What I can do is pass your thread on to Product Marketing and see if they would like to answer.

I'll do that right now.....

-bryan

[This message has been edited by TechSupt2 (edited 04-13-99).]