Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 PM

Default Getting warm under the old collar

I go to use Xpand 2 and no matter what I do I get the error message that "the Plug In cannot be made active because DAE is low on memory #-9006".

What the eff?

I have trashed prefs and all and checked my settings but no improvement.

The thing is, nothing much has changed as far as the PT version etc since the last time I used Xpand2 and everything was fine. The only thing is the addition of the cs2 update.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also....and this has been going on since I installed PT8....... Mini Grand will crash my session every single time exactly the same way.

I will load it, and this can be right after I have had another, or several, VI's in the same insert.....I can change the previous working VI like say the B3 to Mini Grand....or just a fresh track with MG as the first insert on it and it will crash as soon as I try use it.

Once loaded, clicking on the keys with the cursor will not produce sound. If I play a note with the connected controller....it will not move the keys on the virtual MG keyboard, there will be no sound and it will crash the PT session right now....bye bye....every time a coconut!

Load it up, touch a note on the controller....crash! If I do not touch anything it will not crash the session. The instant I press a key...that's it.

This is mighty dadblasted annoying. With all my VI's I have not had a use for it so I sorta put it away in my head. After watching the demo video's today it seemed like it has a good sound....so I went to try it but was rudely reminded that I cannot use it.

When I was having 11R problems DTS sent me a full installer and I installed it exactly how they told me to. I had told them about MG crashing and was told I probably had a corrupted MG and that the new full PT 8installer file they hooked me up with would probably fix it. It did not.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I tried to go look it up but could find nothing and the troubleshooting section at the new Customer Assist is still under constrauction.

In fact I cannot even find anything on DAE error #-9006. Other numbers, just not that one.

This is just brilliant!
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)
Old 09-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Avid

Default Re: Getting warm under the old collar

Can you zip up your log files folder (from inside your Pro Tools folder) and email it to me at : vi [at] digidesign [dot] com. Indicate which log(s) are the ones that you experienced the crash and include the thread number (282567) in the subject of your email.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 PM

Hi I am bumping this because nothing I tried helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt
Can you zip up your log files folder and email it to me
I sent you an E mail, did you get it?
I asked if I had to zip the files as they are quite small.... 30-60KB and I only need to send the most recent 2 or 3 yes...no?

Let me know and I will shoot those off. Thanks.

I also wanted to try everything I could before bothering you further.

I pulled any plugs that were not 100% and went through all the troubleshooting steps again. I Made sure 1 less processor is selected etc and checked the session settings. Don't know what to do.

reinstall Xpand? Can it be a la carted out of the installer?

Anyone else having Xpand not load due to a 9006 error.
Quote:
"the Plug In cannot be made active because DAE is low on memory #-9006".
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Old 09-24-2010, 01:12 PM

The fact that Mini-Grand crashes as soon as you ask it to play a sample would lead me to believe that either the installation of the MG library is corrupt, or the drive it's getting the sample data off of is corrupt/failing. Would you happen to have XPand2 library on the same drive as the MG library?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:53 PM

Heres something from an old PT error list....

Quote:
Error-9006 DAE is low on memory when using Quickpunch in a 96k session. This is a known issue in Protools 6.1
I realize you are not using 6.1, but are at 96k and in quickpunch?

And you never said what you had your Playback Buffer set at?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:53 PM

Thanks guys.

Slim, I never moved the actual library of Xpand. In fact, tell the truth I never thought about it. So wherever it installed is where it went, Mini Grand too.

All my other VI's are on a separate internal HD as are two other audio drives. The only one of my VI's that I did not move the library to the sample library drive is EZ Drummer, which I believe cannot be moved from it's default install location. Superior Drummer however is on the sample drive.

Can I uninstall and re-install Xpand and Mini Grand on their own from the PT8 install disc and can I move the default sample library location to my dedicated sample drive?

formfunction, I am not recording at 96KHz although I need to start doing this. I have been told many VI's thrive at that sample rate. No Quickpunch use here. Also I have tried different hardware buffers but typically I have to be at 256 when I track with the guitar synth. Then after I have input the MIDI data I go back up to 512 or higher.

The DAE engine is set at the default 2. I have processors set to 3, and have the ignore clicks and pops or whatever checked and have tried unchecked.

It seems more like something is just plain wrong. If it was a dense session with several VI's and some reverbs etc etc I might go...okay annoying but it is what it is. But, this is with one single Aux track with Xpand on it and a single MIDI track and a Master. I should not be getting 9006 errors.

Try looking up what a 9006 error is. I cannot find anything. I tried typing in #9006, - 9006, #- 9006, Error #9006 Error #-9006 etc etc etc and only several other errors come up.

As far as Mini Grand. That puppy is flat jacked. I have never been able to play it. Not once since I got PT 8.

I have been wanting to get Velvet but I am not sure about these AIR VI's. I might just get the Applied Acoustics one or the Kontakt one.

As a general observation- the only physical thing I can think of that I have changed is the addition of an Apple 24" monitor that requires a mini DVI port so I had to get an adaptor from DVI to Mini DVI. I am running a second 19" monitor of the regular DVI port which I don't know if my MacPro is qualified to run 2 monitors.

Also I will try using an instrument track rather than an Aux with MIDI track next time I go in the studio. I just thought of that but don't see how it would change anything.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9