Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Partner Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2020, 12:10 PM
IK Multimedia

Default AXE I/O Solo Now Shipping

A new compact edition of IK’s premium guitar interface with advanced tone-shaping.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/images/[email protected]

AXE I/O SOLO is the latest addition to its range of AXE I/O high-end guitar interfaces with Z-TONE advanced tone-shaping features. Maintaining the award-winning, best-in-class tone from the original this interface offering a more budget-friendly, mobile format - shipping now!

AXE I/O SOLO is a compact, bus-powered 2-in/3-out USB audio interface that features IK’s high-end PURE microphone preamp; an instrument input with proprietary tone-shaping options; an exclusive Amp Out to incorporate real gear into a recording setup; and 24-bit, 192 kHz converters with a wide dynamic range, for pristine recordings in all musical genres.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/product...ip_details.jpg

With many features, this new interface can also act as a controller for use with IK’s included AmpliTube or other favorite guitar-friendly software, offering a complete, affordable solution for players who want the best possible tone for their tracks.

Just like AXE I/O, the AXE I/O SOLO is home to a world of tone-shaping capabilities with IK's Z-TONE circuit. First, an active & passive pickup selector adapts instantly to any instrument. The active channel bypasses unneeded gain stages, ensuring the signal is always as direct and uncolored as possible. Next, AXE I/O SOLO offers both a PURE circuit for pristine, transparent sound and a JFET circuit for adding warmth and harmonics, all within a single device. Finally, IK’s proprietary Z-Tone® impedance-adapting circuit lets users adjust the input impedance to interact with their guitar's pickups: at the maximum impedance, sounds are tighter, sharper and more precise, and at lower impedances the sound becomes thicker and bolder.

Plus, a front panel Amp Out lets guitar and bass players incorporate real amplifiers and stompboxes without the need for an external conversion box. This low-noise out also eliminates ground loops, to keep even the highest-gain re-amplification as quiet as possible.

These controls give guitars even more sonic character – with just a few minutes’ experimentation, users can dial in a sound that perfectly fits the mix.

AXE I/O SOLO is now available from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for $/€249.99 (excluding taxes).