Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2019, 06:25 AM
stevegalante stevegalante is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Montreal, QC (Canada)
Posts: 1,725
Default HD driver and Core Audio

Ultimate 2019.5, HD Native card on 10.14.4 (Macpro 5,1 mid 2010).

Anyone using an older HD Driver in order to be able to switch between ProTools and, say, YT videos using the same HD Native card ?
Since my upgrade to 2019.5/Mojave I seem to have lost this functionality...
Thanks
__________________
http://www.stevegalante.com
System details :
ProTools Native card, Ultimate 2019.5, MacPro 5,1 12 Core 3.33GHz, 64Gb RAM, Mojave 10.14.4, Lynx Aurora(n), Raven MTi
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:48 AM
K Roche's Avatar
K Roche K Roche is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wilds of Wyoming
Posts: 947
Default Re: HD driver and Core Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegalante View Post
Ultimate 2019.5, HD Native card on 10.14.4 (Macpro 5,1 mid 2010).

Anyone using an older HD Driver in order to be able to switch between ProTools and, say, YT videos using the same HD Native card ?
Since my upgrade to 2019.5/Mojave I seem to have lost this functionality...
Thanks
Hummmm I certainly hope there is some other issue going on, or I am misunderstanding what you are actually saying.

The issue with Avid HD Hardware and Core Audio was solved back in late 11 or early 12 PTHD versions as I remember .

First are you using Avid HD hardware ? you might post your system details, like in my sig line . Which BTW in those PT and OS versions works fine on other apps like YT or FCPX (If I quit PT first , not sure exactly what you mean by "switch between") As far as I know you could never have PT open and switch .

But I assume(hope) quitting PT first and then going to another App is still working the same in 2019.5 and Mojave.
__________________
System :
Avid HD Omni I/O Interface ...Mid 2010 Mac Pro/ processor- 3.33 6-core Intel Xeon "Westmere" w/ Memory- 24 GB........PTHDN 2018.12 on OS 10.13.6 High Sierra on primary boot drive (SSD PCIe 512 GB Samsung SM951) FCPX files storage on Apple 1TB HDD and PT sessions storage on Apple 2TB HDD--


"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2019, 08:04 AM
stevegalante stevegalante is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Montreal, QC (Canada)
Posts: 1,725
Default Re: HD driver and Core Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post

First are you using Avid HD hardware ? you might post your system details, like in my sig line . Which BTW in those PT and OS versions works fine on other apps like YT or FCPX (If I quit PT first , not sure exactly what you mean by "switch between") As far as I know you could never have PT open and switch .

My system details should be there now, sorry in almost 20 years here on the DUC I never knew I had to change my signature in order to show them...
Anyways what I mean is that at least up to HD Driver 12.7, it was possible to simply click on a YT video and play it through the Native card while keeping PT open.

Right now it seems one has to quit PT in order to use the HD card to listen to YT videos (or any other app using Core Audio), which is pretty meaningless to me.
Am I wrong ? Any workaround ?
__________________
http://www.stevegalante.com
System details :
ProTools Native card, Ultimate 2019.5, MacPro 5,1 12 Core 3.33GHz, 64Gb RAM, Mojave 10.14.4, Lynx Aurora(n), Raven MTi
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2019, 01:52 PM
K Roche's Avatar
K Roche K Roche is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wilds of Wyoming
Posts: 947
Default Re: HD driver and Core Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegalante View Post
My system details should be there now, sorry in almost 20 years here on the DUC I never knew I had to change my signature in order to show them...
Anyways what I mean is that at least up to HD Driver 12.7, it was possible to simply click on a YT video and play it through the Native card while keeping PT open.

Right now it seems one has to quit PT in order to use the HD card to listen to YT videos (or any other app using Core Audio), which is pretty meaningless to me.
Am I wrong ? Any workaround ?
Ah OK so you are using the Lynx Aurora as your interface , yes ? So I would not know if that is something new or not. I was speaking specifically about using Avid HD I/O interfaces with which as far as I know you have always had to quit PT to play 3rd party apps.

Since I never had the option to keep PT open It was never an issue for me for my usage .
__________________
System :
Avid HD Omni I/O Interface ...Mid 2010 Mac Pro/ processor- 3.33 6-core Intel Xeon "Westmere" w/ Memory- 24 GB........PTHDN 2018.12 on OS 10.13.6 High Sierra on primary boot drive (SSD PCIe 512 GB Samsung SM951) FCPX files storage on Apple 1TB HDD and PT sessions storage on Apple 2TB HDD--


"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Core Audio driver JonHallur Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 2 01-28-2010 10:25 AM
Core Audio driver for PT 7.0 nelsonmay 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 0 01-08-2006 04:43 PM
CORE AUDIO DRIVER Spring Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 0 09-04-2003 08:49 AM
Bug in Digi Core Audio Driver? Driver update coming? mgbasinski 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 0 04-10-2003 08:59 PM
Will the core audio driver enable audio units ? linpaws 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 4 03-16-2003 02:01 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com