Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2019, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools edit GUI is going to ruin my iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleonard View Post
What are you on about?? Apple are a TRILLION dollar company (for a good reason, as well). They don't make poor products... How much is Avid worth??

Avid need to get with the program - or fade into obscurity.
Doesn't matter how much money Apple makes. Apple as much as admitted they screwed up with the video cards in the 2011 27 inch iMacs that they even had a recall to fix the issues with the video cards failing. Unfortunately because mine was a refurb from the online Apple Store it wasn't eligible for the recall. The video cards were failing due to a poor solder job and the heat from the internal spinner system drive made things worse.

Want another? Remember back a few years when there were problems with the batteries in their laptops that were overheating and catching fire? Tell me again how Apple doesn't make ****e products from time to time.

Or how about the butterfly switches in their laptop keyboards a little while back? If you want help with that ask Darryl Ramm about it.

I could go on and on about Apple's failures with hardware. But I won't.

QAPLA!
Old 11-28-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
So you’re running an internal SSD. Great.

I just clicked on your profile and I saw you’re running a 003. They’re not supported on Mojave. I’m surprised you got it to work. It totally bricked a new Mac Mini with Mojave that I was configuring for a friend.

Can you try running the PT session without the 003 attached and using the on board system audio. I know you said it worked with a prior iteration of Mojave, but it’s worth testing this kind of stuff.

Do any other audio apps cause this issue?
See this is the problem... Why should I be testing all the audio apps?
It's not my job - this stuff should work, period... If not, it should not be validated... It is grossly unfair to expect me (or anyone else for that matter), to carry out detective work - it should FUNCTION - without ANY malfunctions whatsoever.

If I bought a BRAND NEW car (for a lot of money), do you expect me to carry out mechanical and electrical work on it - if it does not work. Would you do that? Would anyone else?

e.g.

'' Yeah right so, I bought this BRAND NEW Bugatti Veyron for a million dollars - but it don't work - and I gotta fix it myself. ''

Where is the 'effing logic' in that my friend? Because there is none.

Luckily I know a thing or two about electronics and computers - but if I didn't I would be well and truly ****** wouldn't I?

Anyway... What's the point of me explaining anything to you (no disrespect intended). Who are you? How are you going to help me. Are you an Avid representative?

Anyway, I have a lot to do now - but I will report back sometime today.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Pro Tools edit GUI is going to ruin my iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleonard View Post
See this is the problem... Why should I be testing all the audio apps?
It's not my job - this stuff should work, period... If not, it should not be validated... It is grossly unfair to expect me (or anyone else for that matter), to carry out detective work - it should FUNCTION - without ANY malfunctions whatsoever.

If I bought a BRAND NEW car (for a lot of money), do you expect me to carry out mechanical and electrical work on it - if it does not work. Would you do that? Would anyone else?

e.g.

'' Yeah right so, I bought this BRAND NEW Bugatti Veyron for a million dollars - but it don't work - and I gotta fix it myself. ''

Where is the 'effing logic' in that my friend? Because there is none.

Luckily I know a thing or two about electronics and computers - but if I didn't I would be well and truly ****** wouldn't I?

Anyway... What's the point of me explaining anything to you (no disrespect intended). Who are you? How are you going to help me. Are you an Avid representative?

Anyway, I have a lot to do now - but I will report back sometime today.

Ok.

Well I’m a user on the DUC which is a user forum for people to help each other out. It doesn’t sound like you want my help. If you want support from AVID directly, this is not the place.

In regards to your long rant about having to test stuff, I don’t disagree... to a point. And that point is, you are running an unsupported configuration. The 003, like I pointed out earlier, isn’t qualified for use with Mojave.

I’ll leave it at that as you’re taking your frustrations out on me, someone who is trying to help you solve your issue. I don’t get paid to put up with that kind of crap.

Good luck and I hope you get your issue sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2019, 05:49 PM

Hahaha, a Narcissist. I do not use my 003 only the USB TR-8S...

Try to come up with something constructive instead of questions

I hope you understood my intonation

Happy Holidays
Old 11-28-2019, 06:52 PM

I'm with Sardi.
Let's try to preserve the good-mannered tone that this forum is known for.
(That's not counting Jack, of course; or Darryl... or Janne and that Southsweedish guy, and Tweakhead...) (Irony)

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 11-29-2019 at 02:14 AM.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I'm with Sardi.
Let's try to preserve the good-mannered tone that this forum is known for.
(That's not counting Jack, of course; or Darryl... or Janne and that Southsweedish guy, and Tweakhead...) (Irony)
I agree with Sardi as well. There's been a few people of late who come here asking for help and when we try and set them on the path to success by getting them to help themselves to a certain extent there's a lot of negative push back.

But really if the PT Edit screen is going to fry a computer there's something else going on with that computer or we'd see a lot more people posting about the issue. As I mentioned Apple has made some mistakes with the iMac and laptops that just shouldn't happen but it does and one tries to do as best as one can to mitigate the problem. And very often that includes troubleshooting which Mr. Leonard seems to not want to do.

QAPLA!
Old 11-29-2019, 07:54 AM

I have conducted the same testing on Mojave 10.14.5/Pro Tools 2019.5 - this time with the 003 control surface and AGAIN I have not experienced any problems whatsoever. I hope this satisfies everybody’s curiosity. Do you think I have been making all this up - do you? Let me tell you something right now: I have got better things to do in my life then to sit around here all night and make up fake stories about Pro Tools: I can tell you now - do you UNDERSTAND me?

There is something drastically wrong with Avid and newer versions of Pro Tools - and there is also something wrong with you, to take everything so personal - get outta here will ya - and don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

Quote:
PRO TOOLS: Maybe all the users who call us Pro Fools had it right all these years. Maybe we are indeed fools and the joke is on us. We've been treated with contempt and we continue to give them money to do so.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, one last thing: HELLO LOGIC PRO X

Last edited by jamesleonard; 12-03-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter how much money Apple makes. Apple as much as admitted they screwed up with the video cards in the 2011 27 inch iMacs that they even had a recall to fix the issues with the video cards failing.
You are talking about something that is almost a decade old - and anyway, at least Apple admitted to their mistakes, and sorted everybody out - didn’t they?

Quote:
Want another? Remember back a few years when there were problems with the batteries in their laptops that were overheating and catching fire? Tell me again how Apple doesn't make ****e products from time to time.
Do you even know what you are talking about..? You are being extremely pedantic now - and like I said before: Apple will reimburse and compensate their loyal customers - and that is why people LOVE Apple!

Quote:
Or how about the butterfly switches in their laptop keyboards a little while back? If you want help with that ask Darryl Ramm about it.
I definitely don't need help with that - because it is insignificant and irrelevant - and I wouldn't want to ask him about anything, frankly. :/

You are like a RASH - everywhere - or should I say: like Cow**** in a field: All over the place! Especially, all over this forum, with your incessant hogwash!

The people TRUST Apple. Let’s leave it there, shall we?

But YOU won’t will you?

NO! - because you have to have the last word and keep ‘chirping in’ with your tuppence worth!

You are full of it!

James

(former Pro Tools user and now a Logic Pro X expert)

Last edited by jamesleonard; 11-30-2019 at 04:24 PM.