Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2003, 02:07 PM

Default 001 session opens for a second, then PT quits

I've been working on a session all week. Last night I clicked the file name to open it - as usual - and it loads up, flashes up on the screen for a nano second then ProTools shuts down. The popup says "ProTools has quit unexpectedly". no $@!#
I can open other session files with no problems. What's weird is that I can open the demo session - or any other session - close it, then click on my session and it will load up as normal, but I have to open and close something else FIRST.
When it DOES load everything seems to function normally. CPU usage is only at about 50% - system, pci, & disk readings are much much less than that. I tried saving the session as another file name and it does the same thing. I'm stumped. Anybody have any ideas why this is or what I could do to correct the problem?

I'm running Mac OS X on a g4 450 mhz (dual) with 640k ram and the digi 001. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks!
Shayne
Old 06-20-2003, 04:50 AM

Default Re: 001 session opens for a second, then PT quits

Try opening the previous version of that session or the auto backup session or a new session and importing all or the necessary tracks to recreate an equivilant.
This happened to me about 6 months ago but cannot remember the details of what exactly caused it. I had previously worked that session on a HD system, but all the other sessions were OK.

Happy Tooling
2 x TDM Mix +++, 56i/o, G4's, 768M ram, 3x72G SCSI UWide ea.
1x HD, 72i/o, G4 766, 1G ram,3x72G SCSI UWide
Neve VR, SSL 6000, SSL XL K9000