Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2015, 03:28 PM

Default Venue S6L Power Switch

Wonder why avid decided not to have a power switch in front of the E6L. Also I love the way it sounds so I can't wait to try it out at a live event. and hopefully they will have eq on faders
Old 12-08-2015, 02:56 AM
Avid

Default Re: Venue S6L Power Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo5599 View Post
and hopefully they will have eq on faders
S3L didn't have GEQ on faders for initial release as well. But then it was added in VENUE 4.5. No one says it's not needed:) First releases are sometimes slightly limited in functionality.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Avid

As Valentyn mentioned, sometimes first releases hold back a few features...

What IS neat though is that currently you can access the GEQ on the channel knob module, meaning you can have your MIX on faders, GEQ on the knobs for ONE output, GEQ on knobs for another output, GEQ on knobs for yet another output, and potentially have the external screen set to a fourth output's GEQ.

And any of those could be the 7 band PEQ that's on each output instead if you so desire.

[email protected]
Old 12-09-2015, 12:58 PM

Thanks for the reply... the console does seem to have a lot of room for new future features. Maybe even an rta on the eq such as smaart. Also I love how the knobs are touch sensitive.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:15 AM

I think the power switch decision might have something to do with the processing engine not needing to be close to the surface. In a touring situation, you would likely rack up the i/o and both mons and FOH processing racks all in one onstage rack. Makes more sense to be able to trigger shutdown or power-on from the surface in my opinion.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:04 AM

Ok so if you have a rack you better make sure the switch in the back is easy to access so you dont have to get completely on your knees to turn on the engine. Also when you do turn it on does it boot up to windows or does it wait for the console to boot up? So in a case where i have to turn off the rack and didnt get to the console for whatever reason, i can turn it off without being worried about properly shutting the engine off.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Avid

E6L engine boots by itself when you power it on. However, then it takes a while to start engine in the configuration you choose.

When you choose to shut S6L console down, if turns engine off by itself as well. When done, you can turn the engine off using the power switch.

In any case, be sure to check S6L manual. Yes, Nick writes a manual for you, not just for fun :)
Old 12-11-2015, 11:06 AM

Brent said trigger off or on from surface. I did read the manual during the two weeks it took the console to arrive after they started shipping. To me a makes sence to have a switch that triggers the engine off in the case that for whatever reason the surface is disconnected from the engine before the shutdown on the surface is made. Also in the event someone powers on the rack with the engine in it and then has to unplug it to move it to the right spot while the board is still covered.

I can go on and on, what makes me nervous is the various ways windows can fail when it is shut down improperly.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Avid

The "Reset" button on the front of the engine is actually a safe shutdown.

[email protected]
Old 12-12-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo5599 View Post
Brent said trigger off or on from surface. I did read the manual during the two weeks it took the console to arrive after they started shipping. To me a makes sence to have a switch that triggers the engine off in the case that for whatever reason the surface is disconnected from the engine before the shutdown on the surface is made. Also in the event someone powers on the rack with the engine in it and then has to unplug it to move it to the right spot while the board is still covered.

I can go on and on, what makes me nervous is the various ways windows can fail when it is shut down improperly.
For the record, my comment was purely speculative. I don't get to lay hands on the desk for another week.