Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2014, 07:17 AM

Default EastWest Goliath window cut off at the top?

Hey all,

I currently have Pro Tools 10 set up on my OSX 10.8.5 MacBook Pro. I have recently installed EastWest's Goliath. Goliath appears to be functional-I can record software instruments from EastWest Goliath into Pro Tools.

However, something that happens is when I am in pro tools and load the Goliath plugin, the window for the plugin doesn't show the top where 'menu, player, browser' is, and therefore I can't select an instrument. It's like I need to scroll up on the window, except there's no scroll function on the window! So how I've been getting around this is by opening the Goliath library folder itself and selecting the instrument from there. This is tedious and cumbersome though, and I don't know why it's doing it, nor why I can't just scroll up on the window to get to the top of the Goliath window to access browser.

I contacted AVID for help, and they've been telling me to uninstall play and reinstall PLAY again (the first time was to make it play nicely with Pro Tools), making sure to set my directory correctly. I did this, and doing so made it possible to use Goliath with Pro Tools, but now I have this problem with the top of the window being partially obscured. When I told them about this, they told me the exact same instructions even though I've already done their procedure.

Phew. Now that that's all out. Can you guys help me?? Is there a way to make the Goliath window bigger/to scroll up on it, or to fix this problem so I can see and click on the browser button on the top?

Thank you guys so much in advance. I am such a newbie.