Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM

Default loading project problem

hi,
hope you can help me
i bought an mbox 2 pro factory about a month ago and its been running really well. i had to re-install windows a few days ago and now my setup is how it was before but now i'm having problems loading about half of my projects.
when i open the .ptf file, the loading window pops up saying activating inserts (without a progress bar) and it goes through a few instruments and then completely stalls. i've left it for 10 minutes with no response task manager says "not responding" with 30% of CPU usage.
it does this with half of my projects which leads me to think that its a plugin problem, maybe guitar rig 3.
i've just updated to 8.0.1 and it's made no difference. still crashes in the same place.
i hope you can help me solve this as i've got about 2 weeks work that i can't do anything with right now
thanks in advance
matt
Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 AM

Default Re: loading project problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_head View Post
hi,
hope you can help me
I hope we can too.
Quote:
i bought an mbox 2 pro factory about a month ago and its been running really well.
OK, first things first on the help score; this is the section of this forum for Pro Tools MPowered, the software that runs on M-Audio hardware. Since you are using the MBox 2 Pro, you are running Pro TOols LE. You will have much better luck getting answers to problems with MBox 2 Pro and LE if you post over in that forum area.

Quote:
i had to re-install windows a few days ago
Did you make sure NOT to install Internet Explorer 8? It is not compatible with Pro Tools.
Quote:
when i open the .ptf file, the loading window pops up saying activating inserts (without a progress bar) and it goes through a few instruments and then completely stalls.
Which plugins/instruments specifically? What do you have installed? What are you using in the problem sessions?

Quote:
it does this with half of my projects which leads me to think that its a plugin problem
Yep, that's what I'm thinking as well, but really couldn't say without the details of what you have installed (including version numbers). Digidesign has created a Tech Support Utility with an easy way to generate and post a plugin list including version numbers.
Quote:
maybe guitar rig 3.
Could be; what numeric version specifically?
Quote:
i hope you can help me solve this as i've got about 2 weeks work that i can't do anything with right now
This is where I tell you that good backup software, and a consistent backup routine can save your life. True Image by Acronis is a preferred favorite.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 AM

thanks for your reply spkguitar!
apologies for posting in the wrong forum.
i have IE 7 installed
i tried a few things that other posts suggested but with no luck.
so i uninstalled pro tools and tried loading the ptf without guitarrig3.dpm in the plugins folder and it worked!
i'm gonna try and re-install guitar rig and see if that helps.
thanks once again.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 AM

ok, re-installing Guitar Rig didn't work...
but... i THINK i've sorted it now.
i have to load the project without guitarrig.dpm in the plugins folder, remove the guitar rig from the inserts and save as. then put guitarrig.dpm back into the plugins folder, reload the project and re-insert Guitar Rig onto the tracks.
I've saved and re-opened and all works great!!
Not sure why this happened but I'm just glad I'm back up an running again!!
phew!!