Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Default Suggested VENUE plug-ins

other than the ones bundled with the Profile and SC48, what other plug-ins do you guys suggest to get or at least try out.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Suggested VENUE plug-ins

I would suggest you demo the McDSP ML4000, MC2000, these are multiband units that are very useful, especially on vocals. The McDSP Analog channel is a tape emulator that is worth demoing as well. The SPL Twin Tube and Transient Designer are great tools. The Twin Tube is pretty magical on acoustic guitars. One other demo that is incredible is the TC verbs. One word of advice, be careful when demoing plugins. If you don't know what you are missing it can sometimes save you a lot of money. Once you hear some of that stuff you will be spending money very quickly.

Have fun,
nicolas
Old 07-28-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Lowman View Post
One word of advice, be careful when demoing plugins. If you don't know what you are missing it can sometimes save you a lot of money. Once you hear some of that stuff you will be spending money very quickly.
My thought exactly. I have my iLok inside my mix rack, and I just don't want to bother to take out all 30 or so screws it takes to get it out!!!
Sacramento, CA
Old 07-28-2009, 12:36 PM

I have a seperate ilok that I use just for demo authorizations. This way I don't have to take the primary ilok out of the rack to try something.

nicolas
Old 08-06-2009, 03:47 PM

I can't live without my Waves plugs. Try them all, the Renaissance compressor on vocals is excellent and the vintage eq's just lift the vocal or instrument to great sonic levels but with fantastic musicality, an SSL buss compressor on the mains gives a solid smack and great cohesion to the overall mix.

Glynn.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:49 AM

For me, its the URS EQs, SPL twintube and TD, McDSP MC2000, All the Massey plugins and TrooTrace
Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Rane Serato Dynamics. I love the dynamic EQ function on vocals. Gives you a lot of the same processing as a single band would in a multi-band comp, but it's not threshold dependent. Instead it looks at your key frequency level relative to rest of the spectrum of your sound.

Dave
Old 08-07-2009, 09:57 PM

I've got alot of plugs but +1 Waves cause I always go back to them. I wish I had the $ for the TC DVR2 cause I've used it a few times and it's amazing!!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:47 AM

Is the plugin list on the digi website the only ones that work on venue? Or is it possible to try something that is not on the list and have it work. I'm specifically interested in the Soundtoys stuff.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:51 AM

As I understand it, pretty much any TDM plugin will work with Venue. The issues that were reported to do with Waves apparrantly stem from their use of the wavesshell adapter wich is something peculiar to Waves themselves.

Regards

Roland