Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2000, 12:54 AM

Default bounce to disk crashes

I cannot get Pro Tools (Project 4.1.1, MAC 7300/180, 7.6.1) to bounce to disk. I follow the steps carefully from the reference guide, but the process crashes after about 15 seconds. It doesn't seem to matter whether I try and make a mono file, stereo interleaved file, or a split stereo file; it crashes no matter what. Also interesting: the reference guide says that I will see "Bounce Source" pop up menu, but it does not appear. All the tracks are set to the same outputs (1 and 2); additionally, when the bounce process starts, it does NOT play back audio (as the ref. guide said it would).

I need to do these bounces to use in Toast. So far I haven't been able to print any CDs...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

John

Old 01-22-2000, 05:38 AM
Avid

Default Re: bounce to disk crashes

John,

Real time bounces only occur on TDM pro tools systems. Sounds like you should check you disk cache. Memory control panel/disk cache setting should be 256k. Hopefully yours is set to a number much higher. That can cause pro tools to have problems bouncing to disk. Other things to check are disk fragmentation - possibly the DAE buffer setting (2-4).

B Carter
Digidesign
Old 01-23-2000, 12:18 AM

Default Re: bounce to disk crashes

OK, I reset the disk cache to 256 K (it was at 2560 K for some reason...). I also went to the DAE and attempted to set the playback buffer at 2-4. However, no matter how I set it, it would always revert back to 0. Apparently that didn't matter, because now it's behaving fine. I also allocated more memory to the DAE in the "Get Info" window (11292/22584 K; it was previously set much lower.)

I'm now up and running. Thanks so much for the tip.