How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-21-2017, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Sweetwater Deal on HD upgrade/renew lapsed plan $799

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR View Post
Based on your initial post, I assumed you meant this.

If it is just a code that you would be purchasing, one strategy would be to buy it now on sale and wait until such time when Avid introduces some feature(s) you needed before you activate it, so that your 1-year clock starts ticking at that point in time.

But I would check first to make sure that it is just a code (independent of the purchase date) that can be activated at a date of your choosing.
Hum? Interesting!
Old 11-22-2017, 12:06 AM

Uhum ... be careful with that advice ... very careful as when Avid went from 10 to 11 many people waited a bit too long and then lost their upgade codes so I wd not wait more than 30 days or something to activate that upgrade.

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-22-2017, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
Just checked with Sweetwater. The $799 deal gives you a year, but the re-up is back to $999 for subsequent years.

tg
You guys are really off base with your quotes.

One year from now after you renew your HD license support plan you will pay $399 NOT $999 ...
IF you let your plan lapse again it will be $999 but if you re-up before that included One Year Plan
in that Sweetwater deal then it is the same for all HD users and thats $399.

If you stop after one year and let the plan lapse you will have a perpetual license and the last update of PT that was within your one year. Some might wanna stay there for a while and then yes, the re-up wold become $999 which is the price today but as Sweetwater have a deal at $799.

For those who are planning on renewal and want to jump back in for a year then go for it as you won't find a cheaper price as HD licenses are never reduced like this as far as I have seen. All IMHO of course.

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-22-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You guys are really off base with your quotes.
Just repeating what the rep at Sweetwater said. So they're the one's off base. I'm the customer (or potential customer), and if Avid's purchasing options were more straight forward, then maybe there would be less confusion.

The rep said (after double checking, mind you) that it would be $999 the next year, no matter what. Adding that the $799 is a subscription and NOT a perpetual license. Now if this is incorrect, and it's only $399 to re-up, then Sweetwater lost a sale.

tg

Last edited by grayter1; 11-22-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Just repeating what the rep at Sweetwater said. So they're the one's off base. I'm the customer (or potential customer), and if Avid's purchasing options were more straight forward, then maybe there would be less confusion.

The rep said (after double checking, mind you) that it would be $999 the next year, no matter what. Adding that the $799 is a subscription and NOT a perpetual license. Now if this is incorrect, and it's only $399 to re-up, then Sweetwater lost a sale.

tg
I confirmed with Patrick Dennis (Sweetwater) , that it’s 799 now and $399 every year after.

There are two priced at $799 but only one of them says reinstatement.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthas Dream View Post
I confirmed with Patrick Dennis (Sweetwater) , that it’s 799 now and $399 every year after.

There are two priced at $799 but only one of them says reinstatement.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was given erroneous information yesterday.

tg
Old 11-26-2017, 12:56 PM

My current plan doesn't expire until next June. But with the sale price, I'm thinking I may want to take advantage.

I could just hold on to the new serial number and enter it next June, but I'm wondering if it's possible to enter the code now, and have it just extend out my plan a year beyond next June. Same result either way. I'm just wondering if it's possible to register the serial number early.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up. I was given erroneous information yesterday.

tg
I think the confusion comes from the fact that both the HD reinstatement plan, and a 1 year HD subscription plan, just happen to be the same price, both normally, and on sale.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
My current plan doesn't expire until next June. But with the sale price, I'm thinking I may want to take advantage.

I could just hold on to the new serial number and enter it next June, but I'm wondering if it's possible to enter the code now, and have it just extend out my plan a year beyond next June. Same result either way. I'm just wondering if it's possible to register the serial number early.
It would be nice if Avid could clarify that.

Mine is expiring in a couple of weeks. I bought my code in September and will activate it a day before my current plan expires.

I did similarly last year and had no problems, but it would be nice to just enter it and have it add a year to what is left of the current plan.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:03 PM

I bought this one-

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTHDAUPExt

Used the code right away and it stacked right on top of my current plan and extended the year.