Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-22-2008, 08:04 PM

Default "could not save because assertion in..." (HELP?)

Here is the message i am randomly getting:

could not save because assertion in "/volumes/Development/vbpc/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/Libraries/Macintosh/Environments/Alone/../../../../Source/CNeolOBlock.cpp", line 164.

This is using an old Mbox.. the little blue faced one.. it's about 7 years old.
macBook PRO 2.16ghz, 1gig ram
1 Year old G-Drive purchased at the Mac Store here in LA.

At the same time I have started seeing this.. I am also.. for reasons unknown.. getting messages like these:

1) The typical " holding back yada yada because there is not enough something or the other.. please increase yada yada.. remove plug ins.. etc."
---- But on this computer.. which I look at as being a fairly good one to run PT off of.. I don't get that at all.. the buffer size is already at MAX.. there are about two plug ins being used. Makes no sense.

2) NOw.. sessions that I have run off the G Drive before.. and have recently worked on and saved in current form.. I keep getting the message that I cannot save.. please make sure my drive is set to read / write ( And it is in fact ). It cannot make session file backups of course and I keep getting that message too. Seems crazy to me..

Can anyone steer me towards my freedom? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 PM

Default Re: "could not save because assertion in..." (HELP?)

Check out the "General Troubleshooting" thread in that "sticky' thread area at the top of the forum. About 1/3 of the way down it talks about deleting Database and Volume files, which should help your situation when completed. If not, let us know.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:20 PM

Sounds like it may be an issue with your hard drive. Could be too fragmented or full or just have an error on the disc. Do you have problems when working off your internal drive? You may have to save your data and re-image your hard drive.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:50 PM

Thanks Slim Shady and danny4cm.
Slim: I am going through the steps you suggested first. I don't have either of these in my DAE pref folder:
-Delete 'com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist', 'DAE Prefs' (folder), 'DigiSetup.OSX' and 'Pro Tools preferences'.
That folder only has Installed plug-ins and Plug in Params.pip

I wanted to throw this info up here and then continue.. thanks.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:55 PM

ok.. i actually found those for deletion.. but they were not in the DAE pref folder.. they were just sitting in the main pref folder : DigiSetup.OSX and Pro Tools LE v7.1 Preferences.. I will delete these as the trouble shooting thread suggests.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 PM

Actually, I was talking about this part:

Databases and Volumes

This step can be useful when receiving random 'assertion' or 'neoaccess' errors, especially when recording or saving.

-Delete the "Digidesign Databases" folders on the first level of all mounted hard drives.
-Delete the "Volumes" folder:
Pro Tools versions 7.3 and earlier it's located in MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Databases.
Pro Tools 7.4 and higher will find it in MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Databases > Unicode.

-Empty trash, then restart the computer.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM

Try googling that error there are a bunch of links. Here's one from Digi....

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=26925

Looks like they still have debug code in that library to get an error referring to the source code.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 AM

my thanks to all.. much appreciated.. have taken steps.. hopefully will not run into this again any time soon..
Old 08-26-2017, 09:58 PM

I found that this was because i installed with the "Avid Pro Tools First.msi" install file which only installs a part, when i uninstalled and installed from "setup.exe" it got everything and worked just fine!