Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2010, 01:26 PM

Default ProTools and Avid Satellite connection problem

I've used the Avid Satellite for about 4 months now. I have never been able to start my Avid software, enable the video satellite feature, start my PT rig and enable the satellite from within my PT peripherals window on the first try.

The PT rig never accepts the video sat. on the first start up. I always have to do multiple PT rig restarts in order for it to see the Avid Satellite.

At first, I thought setting static IPs on each computer would do the trick but that caused more problems so I returned it to DHCP in the network settings on both computers.

I have the computers networked via a switch.

Any help will be appreciated.

Here are my system specs in-case anyone needs it.

PT rig
2x2.66ghz quad core intel xeon OS 10.6.2
PT HD 8.0.3cs1 1 core 1 accel card

Avid rid
2x2.66ghz quad core intel xeon OS 10.5.8
Avid Media composer v4.0.5

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:19 PM

Default Re: ProTools and Avid Satellite connection problem

Try omitting the switch or changing to a router (At least for a test Mac to Mac direct). Some switches will always need devices to be restarted for recognition.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Default Re: ProTools and Avid Satellite connection problem

So I have switched out my network switch for a gigabit router and everything is working perfectly. I have shut down and restarted both computers multiple times and have had no problems reconnecting the two machines.

I should have went with my first instinct to replace the switch with a router months ago.

Postman, to answer your question about how am I connecting to the internet, the answer is I'm not. At least not on my two work computers.

Thanks to all who helped.