Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

OK, here goes:
Solstice On Mars
Hope somebody likes it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Regards, Carbon111
Old 11-23-2002, 12:35 AM

Hey ProToolers,

thank you all for your inputs on the song.

I will now return to the dark side of drumprogramming to enhance a drumroll.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

See Ya, Guys!!

///Go
Old 11-24-2002, 08:47 PM

All right, it's been a while since i've recorded one, but this weekend my friend and I knocked one out.

It is his song, so comments on the actual song are great, I'll pass them to him.

I was workin the mouse and keyboard though, so comments on technicalities are very welcome. I still consider myself a newbie to this, so enlighten me.

The song is "When you're gone", and it's here.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:46 AM

Carbon111:

I liked it - seemed to be ambient/new age. I would have guessed it to be the sping solstace on Mars. That one sound lind of reminded me of peepers or crickets like you hear at night in the spring/summer. The mix sounded good to me, but the overall level was kind of quiet - but that might be what you are after.

metaltim:

At first it kind of reminded me of a 70's pop/country type of song. But then got into the main part of the song and it was more like a Hootie and the Blowfish kind of song. The singer sounded a little bit like Bob Seger to me.

When the drums started it seemed to be a little out of time - like the song was speeding up at that point, but it might have just been the drums. Also the singer seemed to be too close to the mic - some breath noise, etc. I also thought that the vocal got a little lost during the "bridge" section.

Overall I thought it was a good song - I wouldn't have been surprised to hear it on the radio.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:57 AM

Roy, thanks for your comments. Yeah, "Faded Love" needs to be tightened up. I'm going to rerecord it in the near future. I was watchin a special on "Big Sur" the other night on TV and kept hearing "The River Flows" instead of the music they were using. I have several flute melodies that I need to flesh out. I really like the "contemplative" feel of the flute. More to come...
Old 11-27-2002, 05:58 AM

Hey all:

I've finally got around to finishing the latest song I've been working on. It's called "Stoned Again". as with our last one, it has been recorded in my studio using PT Free and an SBLive with 512 MB RAM on my Dell PIII-500 and ton of bouncing. I have included a link below so that you guys can check it out and provide some comments for us.

Here's the link:

ftp://shattered:[email protected]

Hope to hear from you guys soon,
Old 11-28-2002, 12:21 AM

Top Floor Entertainment

A little of what I do hear in the mid-west with my Digi001. I was trying to put something up for a wail. Hope you like it …………..

http://home.wi.rr.com/topfloor/ [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2002, 01:09 AM

I don’t know how many Acid users are in this group, but I am one of them. Sonic Foundry has a website called Acid Planet, where from time to time they hold remix competitions. They post a series of loops from a known published song, allow members to download them, and remix them. The goal is to give starving artists a chance to get their work heard by signed artists and record executives.

This particular contest featured a new artist named “FrouFrou”. The original track is electro pop in style, and when I heard it I thought that it would sound better if it were more organically produced.

This mix was accomplished by using

1. Acid 4
2. Battery (VSTi) (Studio Drums Library)
3. Virtual Guitarist (VSTi) (Acoustic Version)
4. UAD-1 (DSP effects card)
5. A couple of loops I had floating around.
6. And the Original Vocals

I hope nobody is offended that I am posting this here (PTLE was not used), but I really would like some opinions… because:

1. Many of the members of this board make similar music.
2. The music I have heard others post has been excellent, and I wish to be judged by those individuals
3. I’m desperate for some attention

Here it is!

38, 39 what ever it takes.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cavet Your Eruptor:
Carbon111:

I liked it - seemed to be ambient/new age. I would have guessed it to be the sping solstace on Mars. That one sound lind of reminded me of peepers or crickets like you hear at night in the spring/summer. The mix sounded good to me, but the overall level was kind of quiet - but that might be what you are after.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks! I was indeed trying to mellow out after my last CD - two 1/2 hour tracks of analog recursive noise-music...just needed some mental floss after all the brain taffy. "Solstice" is also the first tune recorded in LE after my long-overdue move from PT Free. ^_^
Regards, James / Carbon111
http://www.carbon111.com
Old 11-28-2002, 10:18 PM

funkdefino,
I was finally gonna get to listen, but the download is just too slow (it said 57 minutes, and I think it was gonna keep it's word... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ).
Does that sound right, or will it be faster later? I do want to listen. Thanks, Roy