Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 PM

Default midi in but no midi out

i am new to pro tools. i have motu micro lite midi interface which connects via usb. i can select the ports in the drop down list for both in and out. the out ports say emulated next to them?? pro tools is letting me record in midi from keyboard but will not send any information to my synths.
is there a setting that needs to be changed for this to work??

thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 04:42 PM

Default Re: midi in but no midi out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeludlow View Post
i am new to pro tools. i have motu micro lite midi interface which connects via usb. i can select the ports in the drop down list for both in and out. the out ports say emulated next to them?? pro tools is letting me record in midi from keyboard but will not send any information to my synths.
is there a setting that needs to be changed for this to work??

thanks
Do you have "MIDI THRU" checked under Options?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 AM

Midi tru is on. I can record midi information from my keyboard into protools so it is registering the inputs but for some reason the outputs are not.
I was using cubase sx and the setup is very similar. There were no problems with connections before so I'm thinking that its a setting or a driver? Also when setting up in midi studio the inputs and outputs are alway set to none when I start up pro tools again.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:36 PM

I have the same problem, i think.
I have a M-Audio keyrig 49 usb and Pro Tools LE 8.
In Midi studio setup the input port finds the keyboard but in output port i can only choose "none". So in the miditrack i choose the keyrig keyboard for input but the output is "none". But if i create a Audio track, and a plugin insert, then i can choose the plugin from the audiotrack as the output from my miditrack and then i will hear sound from the keyboard, but on the audiotrack. I get signal from the keyboard on th Audiotrack because it is the output port for my miditrack but i want the keyboard to be the output on the miditrack right? So the question is: Why is "none" the only thing i can choose in output port in the Midi Studio setup? And how do i fix this?
Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 PM

do you see the midi output you want to send to on your list of midi outputs on a midi track?

PTMP 8.0.1 // FLStudio 9 // WinXP SP3 // Axiom Pro 49 // Delta 44 // Mackie HR624 // AKG K701 // Emu 6400 Classic
Old 01-18-2010, 07:12 AM

I think i know whats wrong now. I don't think my keyboard have an output port, only in. I can record now by having an aux track with the insert i want that takes the output from the miditrack. This was maybe obvious but hey, im a newbie!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:27 AM

I have been having the same issues with my micro lite. the output ports say they are emulated. Does that even matter or is there something I need to fix in the options?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
Do you have "MIDI THRU" checked under Options?
the only thing thats different is that I am trying to get PT to communicate with a Mackie Control Universal. I just can't get PT to communicate with the MOTU interface.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 PM

I have the same symptoms as mikeludlow (using a pair of newly-bought Motu Midi Express 128’s).
i.e., “Midi thru is on. I can record midi information from my keyboard into protools so it is registering the inputs but for some reason the outputs are not usable (even though they appear in the Midi Studi Setup)…Also when setting up in midi studio the inputs and outputs are always set to none when I start up pro tools again.”
Mike, are you using the Midi Express…? (the driver is from the Vista generation…donnu if that’s the issue). And if you are, there’s that “console” available for running standalone on the desktop called Clockworks. When I run it, it says “no devices connected”….Can you check if you have these symptoms.
Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:30 AM

I have the same problem as mikeludlow, although my set-up is Pro Tools 8 M-Powered with a KeyRig 25 keyboard.

The MIDI notes are recorded by Pro Tools but getting any sound at all has nixed me. Help!