How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2013, 11:33 AM

Default Looking for Memory Location Timesaver in P.T. 8.0.4

Hi Everyone,
I am interested in selecting a section for playback. Plus, I also want to label it i.e. Intro, verse or chorus. However, it seems that in P.T. 8.0.4. I can only do one at a time. Either set your Location or your Marker. It takes time to close out of one and begin the other. Is their a way to do those two things in one pass? It would be a great timesaver if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance.
Frank
Old 08-22-2013, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Looking for Memory Location Timesaver in P.T. 8.0.4

I'm not clear on the issue or wish here. Dropping a marker with the Enter key on the numerical keys, is simple, and you can name them as you drop them(hit Enter?type name, such as Vs1, Ch2 or Bridge.Enter again). Am I missing the point, or are you missing a step? Then, you can recall(go to) those locations by hitting "period", number of desired location,"period"(all on the numeric keys to the right side of all full-sized keyboards). If you have a laptop or a new Mac with the small keyboad, then I highly recommend adding either a USB numeric add-on, or switch to a full-size keyboard Maybe, hit youtube and search for things like, "using markers in Pro Tools" (without the quotes)?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-22-2013, 10:21 PM

Hi............Dave,
Thanks for your quick response. Your right. However, the way I understand it is when you set the marker and label it you only get it to start at whatever point you mark it at. i.e. Intro meas.5. Everytime you click on that marker it will begin at meas.5. It begins at meas. 5. and keeps on going. However, when you choose selection, it has in memory ONLY the selected meas. you had selected. It could quickly be looped for editing without reselecting any specific meas. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:48 PM

Check out Dynamic Transport

Old 09-12-2013, 09:48 AM

Hi ........Dave,
Thanks for your help. I guess I want to be lazy. LOL. After I select a section and label it i.e. vs1. etc. I would like to click on the marker and it will only play the selected measures in that marker. The label is there and the selected measures are selected. The way I understand Pro Tools is you need to set it up a 2nd time in order to get both ways. It's a time waister too. If that makes sense? I know you mentioned dynamic transport, but I would like to avoid any more steps or clicks. Unless I'm missing something? Thanks again for your help! Frank
Old 09-12-2013, 10:12 PM

I'm out of ideas at the moment. Maybe take a trip to youtube and watch some videos on editing in PT? Also, joining Pro-Tools-Expert.com(give them a PayPal donation) will get you access to all their tutorial videos(its a great source of tips and tricks!)