Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2000, 09:10 AM

Default Disk Allocation: Please help!

I'm using a Mix Plus system and I've just gotten an Adaptec 2940 card. I've attached a Seagate Cheetah to the card and it mounts to the desktop no problem. The problem is that I go to allocate tracks to this new drive, and it doesn't show up in the dick allocation window. The only frives that do show up are the ones on the internal scsi bus. Anybody know what I need to do?
Thanks.... Billy
Mac Mini (2019)
3.2 Ghz - 6 Core i7
Mojave with 64 GB RAM
PT Ultimate (2019.10)
Motu 16a
C/24 Control Surface
Old 05-20-2000, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Disk Allocation: Please help!

Thanks Steve - I re-formatted the drive (which was formatted in HFS+) and it works perfectly. ProTools RULEZ!!
Mac Mini (2019)
3.2 Ghz - 6 Core i7
Mojave with 64 GB RAM
PT Ultimate (2019.10)
Motu 16a
C/24 Control Surface
Old 05-21-2000, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Disk Allocation: Please help!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ProTooler:
I'm using a Mix Plus system and I've just gotten an Adaptec 2940 card. I've attached a Seagate Cheetah to the card and it mounts to the desktop no problem. The problem is that I go to allocate tracks to this new drive, and it doesn't show up in the dick allocation window. The only frives that do show up are the ones on the internal scsi bus. Anybody know what I need to do?
Thanks.... Billy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Billy,

What version of Pro Tools are you using, and is the drive initialized as an HFS+ volume?

Pro Tools does not support HFS+ in versions older than 5.0. If you're using a 4.x version of Pro Tools and your drive is HFS+, it won't appear in the disk allocation dialog. If you're using a 4.x version of Pro Tools, you'll need to make sure your audio drives are all standard HFS.

--Steve Rosenthal, Digidesign ETS