Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 12-05-2012, 02:00 PM

Default Effects plug-in presets Missing in PT 10

Since uninstalling PT 9 on my PC, and then installing PT 10 and subsequent versions, my effects plug-in presets have gone missing. I've tried redirecting the root folder, but there just aren't any presets anywhere that I can find. They are not in any of the plug-in folders, either in the Digidesign DAE folder, or the Avid folder. I've even looked in the installer folders and there seems to be nothing. I've looked around on the forum for answers, but didn't find any specifically giving a solution. Is there somewhere on the Avid site I could download the stock effects pre-sets that were included in PT 9? All of my virtual instruments are finding their presets. Any other suggestions welcome. Cheers.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Effects plug-in presets Missing in PT 10

3 ideas. 1(you won't like)-create them again. 2(worth a try)-open some sessions where you used them, open the plugins and see if the settings are correct, and if they are, save the presets again. 3(long shot)-search thru your system drive for any folders called DIGIDESIGN and poke through with your fingers crossed. When Avid moved to 10, Digidesign was pretty much dropped, so there may be some old stuff from the 9 install, still sitting on the system drive

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-26-2012, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Effects plug-in presets Missing in PT 10

It is the factory presets I'm missing. There are none in any of the plug-in settings folders. How do I get them? Apparently they were not installed.