Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2002, 11:55 PM

Default Thoughts on an inbound OSX future

So I'm a bit out of the DUC loop and I'm not sure to what extent progress has been made to generate an OSX version of PT, light skimming has lead me to believe sometime this winter, but there are bigger issues here. I still use OS 9 like everyone else, but I don't even HAVE OSX on my computer yet. I'm still scared from that post last year about having the OS anywhere near a computer w/PT on it. Anyway, I realized something here that will be an issue...Aurora plans to NOT port the fuse to OSX, where does that leave everyone with a fuse that works flawlessly? Has this been addressed? This is a big fly in the ointment for the whole conversion to the 'new' . Thoughts?

BTW- Ignigter will be ported, but $1000???!!
Old 09-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Avid

Default Re: Thoughts on an inbound OSX future

Buy a Canopus ADVC-100 and upgrade to 5.3.1. You can play DV out the firewire port. You will need a capture program. Pick up an older version (but new enough to recognize DV) of Final Cut or Premiere or whatever else.