Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 03-26-2019, 08:16 AM

Default Move markers when deleting multiple clips.

Hi there!

I am aware that selecting a clip then shift-clicking the marker track ensures markers move when a clip is deleted in shuffle mode.

If I want to select and delete multiple clips in one operation, is there any way to ensure that all markers move in the same way? How can I go about doing this?

Shift-selecting multiple clips with the object-grabber across the session, then shift-selecting the marker track highlights everything in the marker track between the first and last clip. This means when I delete the clips, everything within that boundary is deleted too. Not desirable.

I have lots of clips that need to be deleted, and individually selecting then shift-clicking the marker track is going to take an extremely long time.

Any advice appreciated!
Old 03-27-2019, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Move markers when deleting multiple clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonaverdi View Post
Hi there!

I am aware that selecting a clip then shift-clicking the marker track ensures markers move when a clip is deleted in shuffle mode.

If I want to select and delete multiple clips in one operation, is there any way to ensure that all markers move in the same way? How can I go about doing this?

Shift-selecting multiple clips with the object-grabber across the session, then shift-selecting the marker track highlights everything in the marker track between the first and last clip. This means when I delete the clips, everything within that boundary is deleted too. Not desirable.

I have lots of clips that need to be deleted, and individually selecting then shift-clicking the marker track is going to take an extremely long time.

Any advice appreciated!
Make it a time operation, remove time. .
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
~ Mac Pro 8 core - clover - 13 GB ram - 10.6.8 / HD5 / Pro Tools 9.0.6 / Magma PE6R4 ~ ARCHIVE RIG

~ Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core-32 GB RAM-10.13.6 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 / Apollo 16 / Avid S3 ~