Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-19-2019, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Of course I only paid $4 with the voucher
Nice one Andrei! I'm still sitting on my voucher. Ten days to go...

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 05-20-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy-T View Post

T
I would tipically do that waiting for a breathtaking deal to show up but I already have most of the amps and bx_digital which is what I wanted most so I don't really mind paying full deal price for the 2 or 3 things I still want if they show up (ENGL and pan eq) and this Maag eq4 gave me the inspiration to make a video so I'm fine with it. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 05-20-2019, 04:45 AM

Quote:

T
24 hour sale until 11:59PM California time (PST) - Unfiltered Audio's
Dent 2
Fault
Sandman Pro

$29 each with code Unfiltered-99to29

Already have all three but if I were to buy just one it would be Sandman Pro - love that freeze function.

QAPLA!
Old 05-20-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I would tipically do that waiting for a breathtaking deal to show up but I already have most of the amps and bx_digital which is what I wanted most so I don't really mind paying full deal price for the 2 or 3 things I still want if they show up (ENGL and pan eq) and this Maag eq4 gave me the inspiration to make a video so I'm fine with it. Thanks for the help!!!
You're very welcome, as always! I'll watch your video.

@Jack - I just can't get used to the type of GUI UnfilteredAudio uses, it hurts my old brain just to look at those... ;-)

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 05-20-2019, 05:34 AM

Quote:
You're very welcome, as always! I'll watch your video.

@Jack - I just can't get used to the type of GUI UnfilteredAudio uses, it hurts my old brain just to look at those... ;-)

T
Not going to deny UA's gui is different but once I got the workflow down it was okay. I do admit it can get to look like a bowl of spaghetti at times

QAPLA!
Old 05-20-2019, 05:50 AM

I'm with both of you on this one, I have Sandman and I keep it for the freeze function but Unfiltered Audio plugins are too nerd for my inspiration
Old 06-03-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Not going to deny UA's gui is different but once I got the workflow down it was okay. I do admit it can get to look like a bowl of spaghetti at times
I quite liked the improvements with Byome. I hope that's a sign of things to come
Old 06-04-2019, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I quite liked the improvements with Byome. I hope that's a sign of things to come
Improvements with BYOME? Have they changed anything with it? I just got it and it looks the same as it always has been (I demoed it when it first dropped). I know there's been talk about a major revision they have for it so you can see all the modules in a long patch line without having to scroll or shrink it down. Something like folding it under each line in layers. Problem supposedly it's stuck in PA's QA testing.

BTW there's talk over on GS about there being no vouchers this month; had to do with Dirk mentioning it on Fakebook which I don't do.

QAPLA!
Old 06-09-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Improvements with BYOME? Have they changed anything with it? I just got it and it looks the same as it always has been (I demoed it when it first dropped). I know there's been talk about a major revision they have for it so you can see all the modules in a long patch line without having to scroll or shrink it down. Something like folding it under each line in layers. Problem supposedly it's stuck in PA's QA testing.

BTW there's talk over on GS about there being no vouchers this month; had to do with Dirk mentioning it on Fakebook which I don't do.
Oh sorry, I think that was a bit ambiguous. What I meant was I like the UI improvements they introduced with Byome. Sorry about that.

Although, I guess you could call this kind of a Byome improvement...

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...dio_triad.html
Old 06-09-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Oh sorry, I think that was a bit ambiguous. What I meant was I like the UI improvements they introduced with Byome. Sorry about that.

Although, I guess you could call this kind of a Byome improvement...

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...dio_triad.html
Triad is a ripoff. Should really have been an update for Byome. If you get Triad there's no reason to also have Byome. And if you have Byome and Blue Cat MB7-2 you can do most of what's possible in Triad. I think UA has given up on Byome even though it's not that old - maybe a year old. There were supposed to be bug fixes and gui improvements with Byome and those haven't happened.

Triad still suffers from the same issue Byome has - you have along chain of modules and it easily scrolls off screen even with the fx modules minimized.

One of the things that should happen with Triad is if you buy it you also get a license for the full Byome like happens with Dent2 - you also get a full license for Indent 2. But then again with Triad you really don't need Byome.

QAPLA!