Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2018, 09:01 PM

Default Unwanted 11R pane in Pro Tools Edit window

My 11 Rack is not Pro Tools' audio interface; the PT audio interface is a Focusrite, to which the 11R is connected via S/PDIF. The 11R is also connected to the host (Mac, 10.13.6) via USB. That is solely so I can use the separate standalone 11R editor to edit rigs on the 11R.

Sometimes, when I use PT with the 11R connected in this way, there is a pane in the upper left corner of the edit window displaying basic 11R info and allowing one to select different rigs. When PT is in this state, the standalone editor has trouble talking to the 11R. It's as if two apps can't talk to the 11R at once. However PT usually does *not* show this 11R pane in the Edit window, and the 11R editor usually works great.

A screen shot showing this weird 11R-specific pane in the Edit window is attached.

I can't figure out how to tell PT to ignore the 11R, and to not try to talk to it, and to not show that pane in the Edit window. I can't figure out exactly what situations cause the pane to be displayed - I've tried all combinations of (start PT first), (power up 11R first), (run 11R editor before PT), etc. There doesn't seem to be anything deterministic about this.

I'd think that, since the 11R editor split off from PT into a separate program a year or two ago, that PT should just ignore any 11R it finds connected by USB, if that 11R is *not* PT's audio interface.

Does anyone know anything about this, and how I can get PT to stop talking to, and displaying info about, the 11 Rack? Thanks.

All 11R drivers and the editor are up to date. Pro Tools is version 2018.7.0. MacOS version 10.13.6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 11 Pane Superset.jpeg (65.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-30-2018, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Unwanted 11R pane in Pro Tools Edit window

You choose what items are shown in the Edit Window Toolbar via the menu accessed by the small triangle in a circle on the far right of the Toolbar. That control is plain Pro Tools, nothing really specific to the Eleven Rack, and all described in the Reference Guide.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Unwanted 11R pane in Pro Tools Edit window

Yep, thanks. Still, I wonder why the appearance of this pane was so random...