Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 06-26-2017, 11:46 AM

Default Delete/disable cloud

Hello

I don't need, and never asked for, my project to be on a cloud, how can i delete it from your servers and prevent further upload ?

Thank you in advance,
Antoine
Old 06-26-2017, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Delete/disable cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine K View Post
Hello

I don't need, and never asked for, my project to be on a cloud, how can i delete it from your servers and prevent further upload ?

Thank you in advance,
Antoine
not sure I understand the question.. Are you looking at sessions via the Cloud or on your HD when you created them? G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-26-2017, 01:17 PM

Well i installed pro tool first with the avid application manager, created my project, worked a few hours on it, and now it's on your servers, I might have missed a option to prevent that, but it uses my upload bandwith and i don't need the feature, so i'd like the project to be only on my computer.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:47 PM

You can remove the App Manager and the Cloud services

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-27-2017, 04:16 AM

Thank you for your answer,

Is there a way to make a local back up of the project to prevent any deletion or interactions with the cloud ? I'm sorry if I seem clueless but I recently switched on PT and I'm a bit confused by this whole cloud thing.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:

Is there a way to make a local back up of the project to prevent any deletion or interactions with the cloud ? I'm sorry if I seem clueless but I recently switched on PT and I'm a bit confused by this whole cloud thing.
Pro Tools First requires you to create your project on Avid's servers. Once the project is created, you do not need to be online and can continue to work on your project. The next time you are online, your changes will be synced to the cloud.

There is no way around this with Pro Tools First. If you want to only have local sessions (no cloud required) you will need to get standard Pro Tools. There are a few options, such as monthly subscription that are fairly inexpensive.

System Details
Old 06-28-2017, 02:02 AM

This might make me go back to an other software to be honest, i don't really like intrusive features.

Thanks again for your support,

Antoine
Old 06-28-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:

This might make me go back to an other software to be honest, i don't really like intrusive features.

Thanks again for your support,

Antoine
Just to be clear, it is only intrusive in the Free version of PT. If you do decide to give the paid version a try, you are not forced to use the cloud.

System Details
Old 08-23-2018, 06:35 AM

In relation to this... I subscribe to standard Protools, but only on a month by month basis. I.e. I sub as and when I need it, not have it sub automatically every month.

Anyway, my question is this. As I have Protools first too, is there a way to access the cloud storage and delete sessions on there?. I cannot for the life of me see away to do this!. I ask, as I'm almost out of cloud space, and I have no interest in buying more storage, or upgrading to get more storage etc etc

Thanks
Old 08-23-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Morten View Post
In relation to this... I subscribe to standard Protools, but only on a month by month basis. I.e. I sub as and when I need it, not have it sub automatically every month.

Anyway, my question is this. As I have Protools first too, is there a way to access the cloud storage and delete sessions on there?. I cannot for the life of me see away to do this!. I ask, as I'm almost out of cloud space, and I have no interest in buying more storage, or upgrading to get more storage etc etc

Thanks
Please take a look at the Deleting Projects section of the PTF online help.

System Details