Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 05-11-2019, 08:24 AM

Default Source nexus, Google talk, Pro-tools, podcasts.

I have these and want to make them work for recording podcasts through my mackie board and my Mac Pro. I'm just not sure how to make them all work together. I want to have a host in my booth and then call a guest on their iphone and have them both on separate tracks in Pro-tools. Doesn't sound hard but I can't figure out how to make it all happen. If anyone else has done this or knows how to make it all work, I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks so much, Steve
Old 07-28-2019, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Source nexus, Google talk, Pro-tools, podcasts.

Set your calling app (Hangouts etc) to output to the Source-Nexus driver (for Nexus Basic) or the Nexus B driver for Nexus Pro.

Put the Source-Nexus AAX plugin on an ax track in Protools and make the output a bus. Pickup that same bus on an audio track. That is where you will record the guest.

For full duplex follow the revers to feed the output of various tracks in ProTools (your host perhaps) back into your calling app. Full duplex only works with Nexus Pro. Set the input to the same aux track with the Source-Nexus Pro AAXplugin in protools to new (different) bus. feed the host to that new bus. Make the input to your calling app (hangouts) Source-Nexus A.

Done

To setup Source-Nexus Free requires a core aggregate device setup that combines the the nexus driver with your hardware audio devices' core audio driver. The setup for Source-Nexus Free with an aggregate device is much more complex. Also because most consumer application (Skype, hangouts, Chrome etc) can only use channels 1-2 of any audio device driver it is hard to make a full duplex route without causing feedback.