Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 10-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Default Need to transfer AVID license for PT10...buyer can just HAVE my iLok??

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong room...thought there was a "Registration/License" room to ask these kinda questions, but cant seem to find one.

And...it's actually PT9, but I purchased it right before X came out and got the free upgrade. It's registered to me on my iLok. Have disks.....

That said, I never really used PT10, and want to sell it. The license for PT10 is on the iLok, which I use for NO OTHER programs currently.

Can I just HAND the buyer the iLok? Do we need to also do a "Transfer of Ownership" via Avid? Is this person eligible for reduced price upgrades to 11? All PT 10 updates are free from what I've learned, right?

Sorry for any ignorant questions...I'm a Cubase user, thought I'd try my hand at the old PT.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Need to transfer AVID license for PT10...buyer can just HAVE my iLok??

It would be easier for the buyer if you actually pay the $25 and transfer it to him.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Need to transfer AVID license for PT10...buyer can just HAVE my iLok??

Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiRD808 View Post
Is this person eligible for reduced price upgrades to 11?
I believe they will be stuck at whatever version you give them if you don't do a transfer
Old 10-09-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
Plus

I believe they will be stuck at whatever version you give them if you don't do a transfer
THANKS!!

So if we transfer properly, buyer can upgraded to 11 at upgrade price? Reading diff things here n there
Old 10-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

As long as the license is on their iLok account, then they will be able to "surrender" that license when they do an upgrade to a newer version.

So yes, that's all they need to have to do an upgrade, a valid license on their iLok account to exchange for an upgraded license.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
As long as the license is on their iLok account, then they will be able to "surrender" that license when they do an upgrade to a newer version.

So yes, that's all they need to have to do an upgrade, a valid license on their iLok account to exchange for an upgraded license.
Thanks everyone!!!

Lastly, from what I've read, it would be easier for this buyer to just download Pro Tools 10 from a certain page on Avid's site, as opposed to installing my PT9 disks and then upgrading. Any insight on where there page of downloads is??

THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:42 PM

Is it possible to split up the 2 licenses with PT10/9 as I thought when we upgraded or bought 9 we got an upgrade to 10 but I thoght it wasn't a possiblility to split that bundle..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 PM

The 10/9 bundle can not be split.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
The 10/9 bundle can not be split.
But 9/10 can?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-11-2013, 07:55 AM

I was directing that to the OP. I wasn't sure exactly what the situation was, but if he has a bundle license, it can not be split. It sounded like maybe he did an upgrade from 9 to 10, and now he has a 10 license with a 9 sub-license, and perhaps he was thinking he could split them, and I was just pointing out that can not be done.