Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Default Function Keys STILL not workng...

I have tried everything. I have done everything that I know to do. I have disabled everything possible to get them to work. Does anybody know anything?

Please and thank you of course.

EDIT:

Okay, F6 (trimmer tool) is working, but none of the others 1-12 are working.

Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Function Keys STILL not workng...

What computer are you using? Which keys are you referring to? The F1-F12 keys? Have you checked your keyboard preferences?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:28 PM

I am on an Intel Mac Mini.
And yes the F1-12 Keys.

And yup, I have tried those too.

This is getting to me. I have been trying for a few days to not ask for help haha.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 PM

I've just gone thru my system and found that as long as I don't have any F-keys assigned as dashboard/expose shortcuts and the "Use F1-F12 to control software features" button is checked, they all work as expected in Pro Tools. Do these keys do ANYTHING in your system? Have you tested to be sure they're functional for any purpose?

BTW, I'm currently working with my powerbook G4/Mbox2Pro system just doing screenshots for some stuff, so the fact that it's a laptop might change some things.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:32 AM

what keyboard are you using? Do you have a "F" lock button? On my old keyboard the "F" lock button would turn on by default at bootup.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I've just gone thru my system and found that as long as I don't have any F-keys assigned as dashboard/expose shortcuts and the "Use F1-F12 to control software features" button is checked, they all work as expected in Pro Tools. Do these keys do ANYTHING in your system? Have you tested to be sure they're functional for any purpose?

BTW, I'm currently working with my powerbook G4/Mbox2Pro system just doing screenshots for some stuff, so the fact that it's a laptop might change some things.
I guess people keep overlooking that part of the installation that tells you to disable the DASHBOARD and SPOTLIGHT shortcuts.
I agree that's where he should look for the cause of the problem.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I guess people keep overlooking that part of the installation that tells you to disable the DASHBOARD and SPOTLIGHT shortcuts.
I agree that's where he should look for the cause of the problem.

That's what I thought it was. I did look at it, and did everything as told. The F Keys work by themselves, just not in Pro Tools.

I am thinking that when I first got my Mini I had a Dell Keyboard for like a month, before I got this new one. Right now I have just the apple Keyboard. I am trying to see if it changed the hardware to an Apple Keyboard instead of just a standard keyboard.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:38 PM

What I was suggesting was that you go into your preferences and reset the all the keyboard and mouse settings (both shortcuts and F-key functions) back to default.
Next go to both SPOTLIGHT and DASHBOARD and turn off all the F-keys.

Once you do that check to see if the PT F keys work.